Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,225 Members 53,604 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Another RSD horror story

Tip us?

gothymp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Default Another RSD horror story

SO Im trying to reflash 154... And it failed, Flashed again and it failed...

Now I am seeing failed to boot 3

Starting RSD Mode

try to flash 154 again and it fails to enumerate? Failed to re-eumerate after RAM-Downloader

On the phone I see:

SVF 108:1:2
Failed to Boot 3
Starting RSD Mode
SVF 106:1:2

sec_exception: b655,eddc, eb

Anyone able to walk me through this?
I farted

gothymp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Anyone? Anyone else gone through this?
I farted

hodiedodie
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default You have been heard

Personally I dont know how to fix this because iv not experienced it. Are you using RSD 5.5? Have you tried different sbfs?

gothymp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by hodiedodie View Post
Personally I dont know how to fix this because iv not experienced it. Are you using RSD 5.5? Have you tried different sbfs?
RSDlite 5.6
I farted

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Define your initial "failed". RSD is known to say failed during the final reboot, if no errors show up on the phones screen, ignore it. Also try reinstalling the drivers (can't find it but am sure it's reupped in the dev subforum) and using the latest RSD which is RSD lite v5.6 (still have yet to move this to my server, sorry). If 154 fails try 198_7, sometimes it takes a couple runs to get it to work (especially if you didn't hard reset the phone prior to flashing or coming from CM7).
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

gothymp
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lokifish Marz View Post
Define your initial "failed". RSD is known to say failed during the final reboot, if no errors show up on the phones screen, ignore it. Also try reinstalling the drivers (can't find it but am sure it's reupped in the dev subforum) and using the latest RSD which is RSD lite v5.6 (still have yet to move this to my server, sorry). If 154 fails try 198_7, sometimes it takes a couple runs to get it to work (especially if you didn't hard reset the phone prior to flashing or coming from CM7).
came from bone stock.... it said failed and i manual rebooted it and presto into failed to boot 3.

Its supposed to reboot several times on its own through RSD.... mine doesnt seem to want to reboot.
I farted

gothymp
Old
(Last edited by gothymp; 13th December 2011 at 01:36 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
Right now RSD is creating image file.... 47%

Im betting its going to hang at BP Pass through mode
I farted

Lokifish Marz
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 3258

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gothymp View Post
Right now RSD is creating image file.... 47%

Im betting its going to hang at BP Pass through mode
Go, no go? What's the word?
Ubuntop- U4A/Webtop hybrid for all Tegra2 Motorola phones (Fully integrated Ubuntu Desktop)
Live ROM (One "ROM" over 12 phones) (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world and as base by many devs)
Imperium Initiative Photon (used as base by many Photon devs)
Imperium Initiative LS970 (used as base by many LS970 devs)
Imperium Agent LS970 (LS970 version of Live ROM)
Evo Desktop PC (Featured on XDA Portal and multiple other sites around the world)
(Nexus Q)uantum Singularity Project (Media Center, File Server, Website Server, LinuxonAndroid in little black ball of joy)
Umeox x201 EnSec Enhanced Security Patch and Live ROM Installer (used by multiple devs world wide on over 6 different models/versions of x201's)
Every Android device I've owned since the Hero- Media Center, File Server, Website Server

atroph
Old
(Last edited by atroph; 13th December 2011 at 03:00 AM.)
Thanks Meter 59
Are familiar with Linux? For some reason I have had issues with rsd and fastboot on windows. Took me a few hours tinkering with both until i gave up and used the Linux tools. Flashing sbf is waaaaay faster on Linux vice windows.

This is for the atrix but the principles are the same:

SBF Flash
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1165672

Fastboot
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1138092

I really all depends on you comfort level inside a terminal. If you are not familiar with Linux and want to learn try picking up a dummies book for Ubuntu or open suse. That is how i learned back on red hat 8. The distros are a little different between each other, but the fundamental framework underneath is essentially the same.

Sent from my MoPho. All typos are the phones fault.

corybucher
Old
Thanks Meter 70
Cory-Buchers-iMac:moto corybucher$ sudo ./sbf_flash.sh moto.sbf
SBF FLASH 1.24 (mbm)
http://opticaldelusion.org

mmap: Cannot allocate memory
Usage: sbf_flash <filename>

This is the error I keep getting???
Alright So I guess apparently my signature offended people so I was asked to remove it and type in something else. Well here is something else!