OP kevin@TeslaCoil

30th April 2012, 08:02 AM   |  #4251  
Flag Pisa, Italy
Thanks Meter: 54

214 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milamber33

And you don't think that hours and hours of coding work is worth any money?

Sent from The Past into The Future via The Present.

Of course I do! I code too, I know ho much time it does take, I was just pointing out why navigation apps costs so much. We're saying the same thing...

no more ot from me

V
30th April 2012, 11:08 AM   |  #4252  
Flag Rotterdam
Thanks Meter: 178

1,258 posts
More
Nova troubles on tablet (TF101)
I regularly have a weird situation on my tablet. When returning to the homescreen the desktops suddenly are all empty, but I can still scroll through them. The dock is visible, but can't be scrolled and you always see the same buttons, and none of them work. Going to apps to stop the nova service doesn't work, the only thing I can do is a reset.

I'm running on the newest version. Anybody else getting this on his/her tablet?
It never happens on my phone.
30th April 2012, 03:00 PM   |  #4253  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Unhappy Nova Lancher Help
Hello,

I am using the ROM Virtuous Inquisition and Nova Launcher with it. Every time i restart the phone or power it off it resets the home-screen to the default look removing all my icons on the home screen and the launcher bar.

This is very annoying and this post is my last resort or i am loading a new ROM.

I am using the latest Nova Launcher and the latest build of Virtuous Inquisition. My phone is a HTC Sensation.

Thanks in advance
30th April 2012, 03:07 PM   |  #4254  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 307

1,023 posts
More
Have you tried wiping Nova Launcher's data or uninstalling/reinstalling?

Also, not sure if Logcat would show anything, but it might be worth posting one just after a restart to see if anything shows up.
30th April 2012, 04:54 PM   |  #4255  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 502

2,387 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley280

Hello,

I am using the ROM Virtuous Inquisition and Nova Launcher with it. Every time i restart the phone or power it off it resets the home-screen to the default look removing all my icons on the home screen and the launcher bar.

This is very annoying and this post is my last resort or i am loading a new ROM.

I am using the latest Nova Launcher and the latest build of Virtuous Inquisition. My phone is a HTC Sensation.

Thanks in advance

Dude are you retarded or something?
You should use AOKP
30th April 2012, 05:02 PM   |  #4256  
Lilburn, GA
Thanks Meter: 67

272 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjhiza

Actually, $4 is fairly moderate by Market standards...Take a look at SPB Shell, if you want to see an overpriced launcher. $15 for that piece of junk is absolutely murderous! I understand that $4US carries a different value throughout the world, and what may be expensive to some, will seem cheap to others. Unfortunately, there's no solution, since devs don't have the ability to adjust price by country or region.

As for Nova, I believe the stock launcher is under the Apache license, and therefore, is not open source. As such, no launchers written off of stock code, need to be open. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Kevin addressed this topic at some point a while ago, and I think this was the gist of his response.

Sent from my DROID3 using xda premium

I believe you are mixing license terms here. The Apache License, specifically the Apache License 2.0 from 2004 on, is an OpenSource Initiative (OSI) recognized OpenSource License.

http://www.opensource.org/licenses/Apache-2.0

By saying "the stock launcher is under the Apache license, and therefore, is not open source" you are incorrect. Software licensed under the Apache License is OpenSource but modifications to it are not required to be equally released as OpenSource sources. This is similar to the BSD licenses, which are also OSI recognized OpenSource licenses but which do not require others to provide the sources or to provide their modifications in OpenSource.

I believe you are thinking about the GPL, Gnu Public License, family which is not only OpenSource but also requres that any modifications WHICH YOU DISTRIBUTE to also be licensed under the GPL. It's actually more restrictive than the Apache and BSD license families, but we can get into heated religious wars over that topic. If you don't distribute your modifications, you are not generally required to provide source to them (there are some corner cases where software is utilized as a service where things get a bit gray). Even there, there are exceptions for certain kinds of linking and for collections. If stock were licensed under GPL, then all modifications to create Nova would have to be released in source form under a GPL compatible license. This is not required under the Apache License, but both are, none the less, recognized by OSI as OpenSource licenses and they are the authority in this regards.
The Following User Says Thank You to mhwarfield For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th April 2012, 05:28 PM   |  #4257  
Flag Dublin
Thanks Meter: 78

258 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino147

I regularly have a weird situation on my tablet. When returning to the homescreen the desktops suddenly are all empty, but I can still scroll through them. The dock is visible, but can't be scrolled and you always see the same buttons, and none of them work. Going to apps to stop the nova service doesn't work, the only thing I can do is a reset.

I'm running on the newest version. Anybody else getting this on his/her tablet?
It never happens on my phone.

Yes, I see this on my Transformer Prime running AOKP and Nova. I cleared Nova cache and data but it still happens.

Never happens on my GNex
30th April 2012, 09:57 PM   |  #4258  
Thanks Meter: 815

1,273 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley280

Hello,

Thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow_Android

Dude are you retarded or something?
You should use AOKP

what the..are you talking about..
Virtuous Inquisition IS ics rom afaik, so there should be no problem using it. ICS can be CM9, aokp, vanilla aosp etc..

But i can't help Ashley with this problem..could be caused by corrupted data or something like that maybe?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2
1st May 2012, 12:18 AM   |  #4259  
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 502

2,387 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurre

what the..are you talking about..
Virtuous Inquisition IS ics rom afaik, so there should be no problem using it. ICS can be CM9, aokp, vanilla aosp etc..

But i can't help Ashley with this problem..could be caused by corrupted data or something like that maybe?

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk 2

I know virtuous Inquisition is ICS I'm just saying that AOKP is better
1st May 2012, 03:26 AM   |  #4260  
Flag New York City
Thanks Meter: 87

324 posts
More
I would love to sort my app drawer similar to this:

I posted this in the feature request here: http://goo.gl/dBb42

Kindly upvote if you agree with me!

The Following User Says Thank You to ^Fs For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread