[APP][2.2+] BOCHS for Android (Pentium PC emulator)
Emulates Pentium PC for Android. It can run x86 OS.
It was compiled from stable relese 2.5 (11/27/11) with modifications for Android and my own implementation of sound output via SDL. It uses SDL(from mamaich).
It is slower than QEMU, but is rather stable so is preferable in case low requirements for HW.
How to install:
1. Install apk (attached)
2. Extract content of SDL.zip to /sdcard/SDL folder on your phone
3. Put hdd image to /sdcard/SDL folder and rename it to c.img (or modify bochsrc.txt)
Possible issues: The programm exits right after start and there is no bochsout.txt in /sdcard/SDL - check bochsrc.txt for errors:
-wrong path to images (check cAsE)
-bad symbols were added to file
If you have bochsout.txt after start, then it should contain description for the issue. In most cases it is unsupported format of disk image
- It emulate touchpad on touchscreen and left/right mouse buttons on volume
You can also click touch screen to generate mouse left button click.
- Back = BackSpace, Menu = Enter, left-upper corner click generates TAB
- left-lower corner click popups keyboard
- (warning it is experimental so can damage you file system) direct access to NAND of your phone
modify bochsrc.txt the next way
ata0-slave: type=disk, mode=vvfat, path=/sdcard/HDD, journal=vvfat.redolog
where HDD - folder in /sdcard root
- Sound support via SDL
sb16: wavemode=1, dmatimer=500000
OS should have installed SB16 drivers
example of bochsrc.txt is attached