A very AOSP kang for the Epic 4G Touch. :P :) :D :/ ^_^ edition.
A very AOSP Kang for the Epic 4G Touch
:P :/ ^_^
Get it because SMS is working
? No? Lame joke anyways. :P
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
The moment you have all been anxiously awaiting has come.
Without further waiting, I give to you Cyanogenmod 7.2 for the Samsung Epic 4G Touch.
This is the output of many sleepless nights over the past two weeks, fixing things, working on the kernel, flashing, logging, and testing.
This is a personal kang compiled by me, using the device files I created using Teamhacksung's as a template.
Currently Not Working
External SD not mounting.
Unable to dial emergency numbers (911)
Anything else i missed, that you find please report back here.
AproSamurai (data over 3G)
HaiKaiDo (upcoming SMS fix, pointing in the right direction)
jt1134 (actual code for the SMS fix)
RC1 See change log below.
How to Flash
Before downloading and flashing this you acknowledge that there are bugs, and that this is an alpha ROM and in no way finished.
Boot into ClockworkMod recovery.
Go into Mounts and Storage.
Mount system (or make sure it's already mounted).
Flash update-cm-7.2.0-RC1-epic4gtouch-KANG-signed.zip followed by gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip before rebooting.
Be patient until the ROM boots to the lockscreen.
First boot will take a few minutes, be patient.
Donations aren't in any way needed or expected, but if you like what I've been doing you can donate to me here