FORUMS

[REQ] ICS style soft buttons

289 posts
Thanks Meter: 105
 
By Galcactus, Senior Member on 17th February 2012, 01:54 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Before I ask I want to clarify what I want: a small bar along the bottom of the screen that is identical in function to the x10's existing hard buttons, just like in ICS or in Doomkernel touch recovery. I am also aware of button savior, however it did not suit my needs- wrong resolution, incorrect theme, not the right number of buttons and they didn't do what I wanted them to do. Now this may just be me, but I'd like a willing developer to look into this please. Any ideas? If anyone can extract the buttons from the kernel and make them work in ROMs then I'd appreciate you sharing it. Mods if I was wrong to start this thread then close it by all means, it transfer it whatever. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to Galcactus For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
18th February 2012, 10:42 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 174
 
More
I'm just being curious here. Why would someone want that? In my point of view it's just taking op screen space and and it's function is redundant because of the hardware buttons
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ldeleeuw For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2012, 04:09 AM |#3  
negrobembon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag panamá
Thanks Meter: 462
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldeleeuw

I'm just being curious here. Why would someone want that? In my point of view it's just taking op screen space and and it's function is redundant because of the hardware buttons

I feel the same way

Sent from my X10a using xda premium
19th February 2012, 10:10 AM |#4  
Galcactus's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Colchester
Thanks Meter: 105
 
More
My buttons look like they've gone through 7 rounds with hulk Hogan! Also the glowing lights between them can get annoying (I know there's a script with which they can be disabled, but I'd prefer to have them do I know when my x10 stops responding properly rather than just the screen freezing up). Do kind like to keep the buttons prettier for when my contract expires, and you have to admit; they look pretty awesome, right? Finally, it'd be a single step closer to and ICS experience like the galaxy nexus. I've seen a few other members saying similar things to me and I figured I might as well ask on all of our behalfa

Sent from my X10i using XDA App
19th February 2012, 10:11 AM |#5  
sahibunlimited's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 2,455
 
More
If u would give the framework-res.apk

or wait for some hours,i have to download the rom and flash it on my old x10
The Following User Says Thank You to sahibunlimited For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2012, 11:31 AM |#6  
TAL333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibunlimited

If u would give the framework-res.apk

or wait for some hours,i have to download the rom and flash it on my old x10

Here is the Framework-res.apk from my phone running Achotjans CM7 v4.1.
I've got essentially what we are talking about in an older version of the Syndicate apps ICS launcher. If you need something from it let me know. The reasons for using the soft buttons are as follows: it is quicker, it keeps one from having to hold the phone while pressing hard buttons if you use a stand like I do, there is so much space and gaps between icons vertically with the stock launcher that even with a 4x5 icon pattern it is perfectly proportioned having a 50 to 60 pixel soft button bar at the bottom (See screenshot),it saves wear and tear on hardware, and it looks really good.

Thanks,

tal333

Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i @1.19GHz- White
Android version: 2.3.7
Kernel: 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06 #1 PREEMPT
Radio: 2.1.71
Recovery: BootManager-v2.0 by DooMLoRD
Rom: Achotjan_2.3.7_CM7.1_v4.1
Theme: Honeycomb3D-3Dicons by BKMO
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000038.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	909186  
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk - [Click for QR Code] (7.27 MB, 46 views)
19th February 2012, 03:36 PM |#7  
sahibunlimited's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 2,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAL333

Here is the Framework-res.apk from my phone running Achotjans CM7 v4.1.
I've got essentially what we are talking about in an older version of the Syndicate apps ICS launcher. If you need something from it let me know. The reasons for using the soft buttons are as follows: it is quicker, it keeps one from having to hold the phone while pressing hard buttons if you use a stand like I do, there is so much space and gaps between icons vertically with the stock launcher that even with a 4x5 icon pattern it is perfectly proportioned having a 50 to 60 pixel soft button bar at the bottom (See screenshot),it saves wear and tear on hardware, and it looks really good.

Thanks,

tal333

Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i @1.19GHz- White
Android version: 2.3.7
Kernel: 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06 #1 PREEMPT
Radio: 2.1.71
Recovery: BootManager-v2.0 by DooMLoRD
Rom: Achotjan_2.3.7_CM7.1_v4.1
Theme: Honeycomb3D-3Dicons by BKMO

Its only possible for ICS roms
The soft buttons are not only in the launcher its always on(even in gameloft games)
It also have disadvantages like it eats up the screen(obviously)
So post ICS roms framework-res.apk
Last edited by sahibunlimited; 19th February 2012 at 03:38 PM.
20th February 2012, 09:11 AM |#8  
TAL333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibunlimited

Its only possible for ICS roms
The soft buttons are not only in the launcher its always on(even in gameloft games)
It also have disadvantages like it eats up the screen(obviously)
So post ICS roms framework-res.apk

Having it separate from launcher is fine. And CM9 makes sense, since we will be there soon on the X-10. I was finally able to find an tunneled IP in Manchester, England that hadn't had a cantdownload.to within 1 hour so I got CM9 FXP107, loaded it and copied my framework-res so here it is.

Thanks,

tal333


Phone: Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i @1.19GHz- White
Android version: 2.3.7
Kernel: 2.6.29-modFXP-DooMKernel-v06 #1 PREEMPT
Radio: 2.1.71
Recovery: BootManager-v2.0 by DooMLoRD
Rom: Achotjan_2.3.7_CM7.1_v4.1
Theme: Honeycomb3D-3Dicons by BKMO
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.14 MB, 10 views)
21st February 2012, 10:54 AM |#9  
sahibunlimited's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 2,455
 
More
Backup rom
Replace(or make a zip ur self,i don't have time)
Set permissions

Buttons can be overlapping the screen a bit or can be a bit more small
So tell me how it is...
I don't have time to flash the x10 now
Attached Files
File Type: apk framework-res.apk - [Click for QR Code] (5.19 MB, 76 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to sahibunlimited For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st February 2012, 01:56 PM |#10  
TAL333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 261
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sahibunlimited

Backup rom
Replace(or make a zip ur self,i don't have time)
Set permissions

Buttons can be overlapping the screen a bit or can be a bit more small
So tell me how it is...
I don't have time to flash the x10 now

You are Awesome. They are awesome. I need Sleep. Its perfect though.
I think I'm ready for Achotjan CM9 now.


tal333
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-21-03-53-55.jpg
Views:	3828
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	912727   Click image for larger version

Name:	shot_000039.jpg
Views:	3728
Size:	25.2 KB
ID:	912728   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2012-02-21-02-39-33.jpg
Views:	139
Size:	20.2 KB
ID:	912730  
21st February 2012, 02:30 PM |#11  
sahibunlimited's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nagpur
Thanks Meter: 2,455
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAL333

You are Awesome. They are awesome. I need Sleep. Its perfect though.
I think I'm ready for Achotjan CM9 now.


tal333

Should i make a thread?

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes