Flag Likes: XDA,Coffee,Android,Beer Dislikes: No Beer
Thanks Meter: 1,761

2,890 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanpil

Hi, I purchased the app.

#1 - I don't think its very nice of you to release a second app, essentially screwing the donors by making them pay again. Obviously you will spend your efforts on the "new" app, and we, your original supporters, will fall to the wayside. You might say, well we paid and got what we paid for. But when I buy an app like this, I pay knowing that the developer will always update with new and better features. This app I expected to get better and better, with new features and distros. Instead I need to rebuy. That makes me mad.

That being said, I think you have done an excellent job and this software works almost perfectly on my Xoom with Tiamat Honeycomb. I am very pleased with what is there so far, and so easy to use.

#2 - I think it would be very useful to have the option to store my preferred screen resolution and desktop so I don't need to type anything when i startup the linux. Cant you add some kind of feature that will save the selections to a bash script which can be included in the boot script (if it exists( to set the desired values...

Hi, firstly the paid ubuntu (and backtrack) app will still get all updates for that distro, and all new features etc, all before the free version.
You would only have to buy the new app if you want to paid features for the new linux distros that I will be doing. The reason for having a new app is to make it easy for to maintain instead of having a paid version for every signal distro.

In the new 12.04 images you can already store your screen size, and it will also store what desktop you want.

Quote:
Originally Posted by siggismallz

i forgot to mention that i use the Lightweight Image and want to install gnome there, is it possible to remove lxde ? with apt-get without screwing everything up? i want a smaller image since i dont have so much space left, btw device galaxy nexus gsm cyanogenmod 9 27032012 nightly working fine does anybody know which vnc viewer on the play store/market goes to real fullscreen with hiding the nav buttons at the bottom on galaxy nexus?

You can use apt-get that should be fine, you could apt-get install gnome but you will then have to change vnc setting in its config file found in root/.vnc/xstartup
siggismallz
28th March 2012, 11:52 AM   |  #922  
Thanks Meter: 0

n/a posts
used full image removed lxde and other apps everything is working up to now
siggismallz
28th March 2012, 01:40 PM   |  #923  

n/a posts
i need jDownloader on Ubuntu but the system says its read only is this correct or did i screw something up? read something about rootstock and building your own image is that possible for replacing your predefined Image REFERENCE: http://code.google.com/p/native-andr...oidDevelopment

edit: redownloaded the full image, added jDownloader ppa and installed it (sudo add-apt-repository ppa:jd-team/jdownloader && sudo apt-get install jdownloader unrar && jdownloader) everything works ! finally i can download something in a way its meant to be on android
Last edited by siggismallz; 28th March 2012 at 04:55 PM.
28th March 2012, 07:50 PM   |  #924  
Flag stockton
Thanks Meter: 55

490 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by siggismallz

used full image removed lxde and other apps everything is working up to now

How did you remove lxde... I like gnome....

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium
28th March 2012, 07:57 PM   |  #925  

9 posts
I liked it is very cool
siggismallz
28th March 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #926  

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s14evil

How did you remove lxde... I like gnome....

Sent from my Desire HD using xda premium

i just removed the package in synaptic it makes no difference the rom stays 3.5 GB since the image size is predefined
The Following User Says Thank You to For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th March 2012, 10:32 PM   |  #927  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer

2,890 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hi guys, I have something new for you to all test!
I have made my first Debian image, this is a 'core' image ie there is no GUI etc. What I need you all to test is if you can run
Code:
apt-get update
, when I run it at the moment I get 404 errors and I need to know if this is just me or something else. Thank you all here are the links to the image and boot script
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linu...t.zip/download
http://sourceforge.net/projects/linu...n.zip/download
28th March 2012, 10:38 PM   |  #928  
Flag Memphis, TN
Thanks Meter: 11

122 posts
More
Hey. I bought this app. And was wondering if you have to have S-OFF. I have. Unlocked bootloader and S-ON.. permanent root though.

S-OFF is unattainable right now on the HTC Vivid.. And was wondering if that's why I can't get Ubuntu to boot.

Sent from my HTC Vivid
28th March 2012, 10:46 PM   |  #929  
OP Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer

2,890 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by haggardh

Hey. I bought this app. And was wondering if you have to have S-OFF. I have. Unlocked bootloader and S-ON.. permanent root though.

S-OFF is unattainable right now on the HTC Vivid.. And was wondering if that's why I can't get Ubuntu to boot.

Sent from my HTC Vivid

Nope so long as you have busybox installed to system/bin and have a kernel that supports loop devices you should be good to go
29th March 2012, 05:01 AM   |  #930  
Flag Price
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
More
Thumbs up Totally awesome!
orks with Casio Commando nearly stock everything, EVEN UNDERWATER! Although I'm having the same problem as most with it always saying 'eth0: No such device.' Getting around it is no big deal, though. Other than that it works flawlessly, even at 806Mhz (the current max CPU freq for Commando) Kudos for you!
Last edited by Aus4000; 29th March 2012 at 05:07 AM.

Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread