Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,371 Members 38,849 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Omnia W - SMS Problem

Tip us?

limoneiro
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung Omnia W - SMS Problem

Dear friends, hello!

I'm new in XDA, and i migrated from Android to Windows Phone,
A 4 days a go i've bought the Samsung Omnia W (SGH-i677).

I liked too much this platform, i'm loving it. Really!

But i got a little (and serious) issue with my device. I don't know if this is a problem of my device, or a problem of Windows Phone.

This is my issue: When i send a SMS Message, sometimes the message is sent correctly, sometimes my destiny doesn't receive any message. And few minutes after, i got a error message "Couldn't send a message. Try again".

And sometimes i receive a SMS message with no problems. Sometimes my destiny tell'me that sent me a message, but i dont receive any message).

I search for any incidence about this issue in Internet. I found some friends with the same problem. And they tell about this problem after a NoDo update, but i'm already using the Mango. I couldn't find how to fix this error.

But i saw in the internet, they telling you to change the connection to 2G (Turn off the 3G). And as they say, it works to me. ALL blocked SMSs were sent correctly!

Someone here knows what can i do about it?
I dont want back to Android/iOS. I really liked the platform, and i'm very happy with WP7. But this is a serious issue, i really use the SMS service.

What can i do about it?

SSK the Gr8
Old
Thanks Meter 1
i'm using the omnia W(GT-i8350) and even i'm facing the same issue. when i switch off the data connection, the texts can be sent. what is the fix?

model - samsung omnia w i8350( GT-I8350)
OS Version : 7.10.7720.68
Carrier : TATA DOCOMO

nitin88g
Old
Thanks Meter 13
It's the issue with yr operator.

sirajsoft
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Am sure this an operator related issue. Make sure the sms center number is correct.

xfilesguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This problem cannot be operator-specific. I am facing the same issue with an Airtel connection.

benttom
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Not an operator issue

hi. This certainly not operator specific issue. I have tried with 3 different operators and the problem persists. I have contacted samsung service center and I was told to bring the handset to service center for update which is available. I don't know exactly which update they are talking exactly but since I have updated my OS it must be firmware update. I am going to send my phone to service center in next few days. I will get back to you with their response.

SSK the Gr8
Old
(Last edited by SSK the Gr8; 28th January 2012 at 08:40 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by benttom View Post
hi. This certainly not operator specific issue. I have tried with 3 different operators and the problem persists. I have contacted samsung service center and I was told to bring the handset to service center for update which is available. I don't know exactly which update they are talking exactly but since I have updated my OS it must be firmware update. I am going to send my phone to service center in next few days. I will get back to you with their response.
what is your OS and firmware version number? can you please post it?
and did you send it to the service centre?

and the issue is not operator specific, i've faced it on Vodafone and DOCOMO

nitin88g
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Hi,

Actually I am able to send. But not to multiple persons. Using Vodafone.

I think it's problem with WP7 how it sends the messages.
Possible to discuss in WP support forums.

---------- Post added at 08:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 PM ----------

Can any one confirm it's not a problem in Nokia/HTC and only specific to Samsung?

SSK the Gr8
Old
(Last edited by SSK the Gr8; 29th January 2012 at 05:45 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
are you able to send on 3g+/hspa network too, cause i know 3 other people on vodafone 3g who cannot

they can only send message when they switch off data

and if they are on edge then data is not a problem, even if it's on , text can be sent

btw, i have sent text to 5 people together with no issues at all right now..

nitin88g
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSK the Gr8 View Post
btw, i have sent text to 5 people together with no issues at all right now..
I am unable to send to more than 1 person when data is enabled or whatever. Silly.