Credits for guide krarvind
If you are already on CM Alpha or MIUI skip to step 7, if not you can follow the instructions below to install MIUI for the TouchPad from WebOS.
Alright, here is a step by step instruction on how to install MIUI Beta on Touchpad. I did notice there is a video guide but a text step by step might be useful for some. I have this installed and for Alpha release this is fantastic.
Pretty straightforward installation, but as always you follow this guide and flash at your own risk. Main thread for the MIUI port is on RootzWiki. Read what’s working and what’s not working there. If you have any questions, post it there, but read the known issues first, don't post know issues. This is just a guide.
1) PC ( windows, mac or linux) with working Internet
2) HP Touchpad ( obviously) and the usb cable that came with it.
3) Good Reading skills ( I am serious).
4) Read this guide twice if you have to.
Get your pre flash jitters out and think twice. This will root your device and hence your warranty will be void after the flash. If you still want to flash, back up your current HP touchpad. Figure out which way is your volume up button ( you will need for step 4) and proceed to step 1
Make sure you have at least 2GB of free space in your touchpad. Download the following files from here
1)Moboot bootloader for multi boot
2)MIUI.us Alpha Rom
3)Clockwork Mod Recovery
Once done, go to step 2 below;
1)Acme Installer from here
2) HP WebOS SDK for windows
3) Follow the links above to install the full SDK or just the Novacom driver which is all that is required. If you are not sure, install the full SDK.
on to step 3 now.
1) Connect Touchpad to PC with the USB cable that came with it and select USB Drive option.
2) Once the Touchpad pops up on your screen, create a folder called cminstall and put the files you downloaded in Step 1 there.
3) Eject/Safely remove touchpad from the pc, remove the USB cable from pc and shutdown touchpad, then go to step 4.
1) Do you know which way is your volume up button? if you are not sure then you are not paying attention to this guide. To figure out which way, boot to webOS, figure it out and shutdown.
2)Hold the volume up button and press power button simultaneously. You should see a white USB symbol.
3)Connect the USB cable back to pc and if the Novacom drivers were properly installed, the driver will be automatically detected and installed.
Almost there, time to install now.
Extract the Acme Installer you downloaded in Step 2 to your desktop or wherever you want. Open up cmd ( in windows) or terminal ( in linux or mac). cd to the directory where you just extracted your Acme Installer.zip and go to step 6 for install.
Now type this in the command prompt after you have done cd
novacom boot mem:// < ACMEInstaller
NOTE: windows users might have to manually move the novacom.exe and/or AcmeInstaller into c:\programfiles\palm folder and run the above command from there.
and wait for it to install and boot into CyanogenMod/MIUI. If your clockwork mod didn't get installed, go here
for a fix.
Update from CM Alpha any MIUI
1) Download MIUI above or at roms.miui.us
2) Plug in your touchpad to PC, select copy usb files option
3) Transfer MIUI.us zip file into the "sd card" of your touchpad when it pops up and disconnect.
4) Long press power button and select reboot, then recovery option.
5) Recommended but Optional ( I didn't)
: In CWM recovery, go to backup and storage, do a nandroid backup before updating, back to main cwm recovery, wipe cache and in advanced wipe dalvik cache.
6) In the CWM recovery meny, use your volume buttons and select install zip file from sd card, select zip file and select cm alpha 3 zip, then scroll down and say yes.
7) Reboot. To check if you are on alpha 3, go to settings, about tablet and mod version should be alpha3.
Google Market and Gmail are included in zip. Just navigate to settings and sync add google account.
Have Fun. Thanks to the awesome CM team, we have android on touchpad.