ATTENTION: I will be stopping official Safestrap support on 9/1/2014. For more information please see:
** INSERT STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm not responsible for any damage you do to your phone using my tools. Always have a fastboot available for disaster recovery. **
Download the APK Installer:
Mirror 1: Goo.im
Mirror 2: Crackflasher
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap
[ DOUBLE-CHECK you have the "Targa" version ]
NOTABLE TWRP-BASE CHANGES:
- Key/button vibration in recovery and MANY more 184.108.40.206 updates
- Screen saving in recovery. Can set the timeout under Advanced->Settings->Screen *Don't freak out of the screen is dark, try the power button.
- SElinux support in recovery (1st boot won't take so long)
- and much much more.. check the TWRP changelog here: http://www.teamw.in/project/twrp2
DEVICE SPECIFIC SAFESTRAP CHANGES:
- [05/15] (3.73) Bugfix for dual SD card UMS mounting and pull in TWRP changes
- [04/14] (3.72) Mostly other device updates
- [01/15] (3.71) Code cleanup
- [01/15] (3.71) Minor hijack updates
- [12/18] (3.70) Mount cleanup during hijack / debugging output
- [12/18] (3.70) Splashscreen: Instant stock boot key (needs to be set for Moto OMAP4's still)
- [11/13] (3.65) recovery init.rc cleanup
- [11/13] (3.65) fix updater build for cm 10.1 and 10.2
- [09/20] (3.60) Better handling for virtual images > 2gb
- [09/20] (3.60) Much improved block device handling
- [09/20] (3.60) Bugfix in script translation
- [09/20] (3.60) hijack / init.rc tweaks
- [09/20] (3.60) update to TWRP 220.127.116.11 base recovery
- [09/06] (3.53) Fixed mass_storage in recovery (via Mount menu)
- [09/06] (3.53) Added Webtop to partition backup list (optional)
- [09/06] (3.53) New virtual systems created will be 640mb (got reset 600mb)
- [09/06] (3.53) Fixed file selector when changing from internal to external storage (previously location wouldn't update)
- [09/05] (3.52) added "Reboot to Recovery" in APK
- [09/04] (3.51) Disabled screen blank while creating a rom-slot
- [09/04] (3.51) Fixed openrecovery script processing for stock slot to re-inject hijack after .zip install (cmupdater on stock now works)
- [08/30] (3.50) If running a new CM10.1/CM10.2 ROM (08/30 or later) you *should* be able to install Safestrap and update the recovery w/o having to go back to stock. If Safestrap shows "recovery not installed" while you're on a ROM-slot, then that ROM hasn't been updated and it won't work. Swap back to stock ROM and update Safestrap from there.
- [08/30] (3.50) Worked on stock ROM flashing and *should* work with CM10.1/CM10.2 builds on or after 08/30 *WILL NOT WORK WITH OLDER ROMs.*
- [08/30] (3.50) Battery meter is back
- [08/30] (3.50) Updated TWRP theme
- [08/30] (3.50) Added partition sizes to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
- [08/30] (3.50) Added "Check FS" function to ROM-slot screen when it's ACTIVE
- [08/30] (3.50) Complete re-write against TWRP 2.6 base (up from version 18.104.22.168): TWRP changelog for reference
- [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
- [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
- [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions.
- [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM *BE CAREFUL -- NEW FEATURE -- STILL TESTING*
- After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
- During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
- [12/29] (3.10) New virtual system partitions will be 640mb (closer match to stock RAZR/D4)
- [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
- [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed SD card / emmc sharing in recovery (UMS)
- [10/17] (3.05) Fixed recovery installation/removal from ROM-slots
- [10/14] Updated to v3.04 BETA.
- [10/14] Recovery is now based off TWRP 22.214.171.124 (fully featured touch-based recovery)
- [10/14] Can create up to 4 Virtual ROM-slots to flash ROMs to and when "Active" ALL TWRP functions affect that ROM-slot (For example: Flashing .zips, Backup and Restore)
- [10/14] Nearly instant swapping from ROM to ROM
- [10/14] User selectable data partition sizes during ROM slot creation: 1GB, 2GB or 3GB
- [10/14] ROM slots are saved on the internal emmc space so that preinstall and webtop partitions are no longer used and shouldn't break OTAs.
- [10/14] Charging in recovery
- [10/14] Supports "Reboot Recovery" from Android OS
Entry to recovery via Splashscreen on boot-up. The screen stays up for around 8-10 seconds and if you hit the menu button, it takes you to Safestrap Recovery.
SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
- The testers which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.
As always, let me know what you think!
SCREENSHOTS (showing slightly older TWRP base)