[RECOVERY] Safestrap Recovery v3.7x [05/15/2014 V3.73 - TWRP 2.7.0.0]

21st December 2013, 09:18 PM   |  #241  
Thanks Meter: 179

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfarmer420

Yea I have everything booting perfectly fine but whenever I go to do a factory reset it says that it failed because it couldn't mount the /data and /system partitions.

Are you trying to do it in the os? Just do it in SafeStrap instead.

Sent from my Bionic
The Following User Says Thank You to Eiht For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st December 2013, 09:30 PM   |  #242  
Flag Eden
Thanks Meter: 8

17 posts
More
Factory reset
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eiht

Are you trying to do it in the os? Just do it in SafeStrap instead.

Sent from my Bionic

I was trying to do it from safestrap but was unable to. I rebooted to safestrap and was completely able to mount both /data and /system in order to do the reset. No idea why I had to do it that way but I got it so no worries. lol. I definitely appreciate the help man will be hitting the thanks button.
The Following User Says Thank You to budfarmer420 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
22nd December 2013, 02:00 AM   |  #243  
Thanks Meter: 245

732 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by budfarmer420

I was trying to do it from safestrap but was unable to. I rebooted to safestrap and was completely able to mount both /data and /system in order to do the reset. No idea why I had to do it that way but I got it so no worries. lol. I definitely appreciate the help man will be hitting the thanks button.

Just an added bit of info, a factory data reset would be wiping /data and /cache, but not /system

All user specific data is stored in /data. That's why it's there. Device manufacturers create their system partition and flash it to the device at manufacture (more or less), and we're not meant to be able to modify that unless it's via manufacturer OTA. If you wipe /system and try to boot, you're not going to have an OS to boot to.

Because Android functions in the same way whether it's the manufacturer's stock ROM or a custom ROM, you don't wipe /system for a data reset, unless you plan on reflashing a ROM immediately after.
24th December 2013, 01:05 AM   |  #244  
Flag Flagstaff, AZ
Thanks Meter: 263

1,351 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have been a Samsung guy but I just got a new bionic for free and its basically.....install app, install recovery and then install custom ROM for root?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app
24th December 2013, 01:14 AM   |  #245  
Thanks Meter: 179

598 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jyazzie110

Have been a Samsung guy but I just got a new bionic for free and its basically.....install app, install recovery and then install custom ROM for root?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using xda app-developers app

You have to be rooted first on stock to install safestrap then install roms which will include root. You have a variety of ways to root stock depending on whether you have ICS or JB.

Sent from my Bionic
Last edited by Eiht; 24th December 2013 at 01:18 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Eiht For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2013, 05:49 PM   |  #246  
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Fix Permissions issues
I keep getting a Fix Permissions Failed error after updating to new SafeStrap. Error reads something like "Unable to CHMOD E:....."

im currently at work so i dont remember the exact error message. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue..thanks in advance

Droid Bionic here BTW
24th December 2013, 07:03 PM   |  #247  
Thanks Meter: 478

1,074 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by orpamoc

I keep getting a Fix Permissions Failed error after updating to new SafeStrap. Error reads something like "Unable to CHMOD E:....."

im currently at work so i dont remember the exact error message. Just wondering if anyone else is having this issue..thanks in advance

Droid Bionic here BTW

Sir..I do believe you are installing the incorrect version..Please..someone correct me if I'm wrong..You need v3.11 for the Bionic, I have 2) RAZR Maxx's also..they are on v3.11 and during boot, in the device list is also your device..try v3.11

sent by my
RockMyMoto Root
SafeStrap ver. 3.65
12.15.15.obake-maxx_verizon
Android > 4.2.2 Jelly Bean
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)
24th December 2013, 07:07 PM   |  #248  

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT

Sir..I do believe you are installing the incorrect version..Please..someone correct me if I'm wrong..You need v3.11 for the Bionic, I have 2) RAZR Maxx's also..they are on v3.11 and during boot, in the device list is also your device..try v3.11

sent by my
RockMyMoto Root
SafeStrap ver. 3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

cool, thank you. will try that when I get home. Thought I had the correct version...but it was 4am So I prolly messed up. Thanks again.
24th December 2013, 07:22 PM   |  #249  
Thanks Meter: 478

1,074 posts
Quote:

cool, thank you. will try that when I get home. Thought I had the correct version...but it was 4am So I prolly messed up. Thanks again.

"prolly" lol..I understand.. v3.11 should do the trick..

sent by my
RockMyMoto Root
SafeStrap ver. 3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Quote:

Sir..Friend..don't know if its true or not..but..seems as thow I have read where SS v3.11 download is hard to find..here's a link to my personal copy >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67R...p=docslist_api

Hope this helps..

sent by my
RockMyMoto Root
SafeStrap ver. 3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)
The Following User Says Thank You to NWKENT For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th December 2013, 07:31 PM   |  #250  

7 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWKENT

"prolly" lol..I understand.. v3.11 should do the trick..

sent by my
RockMyMoto Root
SafeStrap ver. 3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 PM ----------

Sir..Friend..don't know if its true or not..but..seems as thow I have read where SS v3.11 download is hard to find..here's a link to my personal copy >> https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B67R...p=docslist_api

Hope this helps..

sent by my
RockMyMoto Root
SafeStrap ver. 3.65
XT1080M (aka) Droid Maxx
(device #1)

This helps a ton. I really appreciate your response. Will report back if the issues persist.

The Following User Says Thank You to orpamoc For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread