Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,457 Members 42,274 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SGS2 already has leaked official Android 4.01 rom! When can we expect for the I727

Tip us?

arberthebarber
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 34
Default SGS2 already has leaked official Android 4.01 rom! When can we expect for the I727

Hey guys,

Theres a Android 4.0.1 official from Samsung released for the i9100: http://www.sammobile.com/2011/12/14/...r-sgs2-custom/ . Wow it looks like they made Ice Cream Sandwich look like dog **** so do you guys think we can expect the same for our skyrocket and how long would it take!
The Following User Says Thank You to arberthebarber For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Camaro1LE
Old
Thanks Meter 8
+1 can't wait

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

orlandoxpolice
Old
Thanks Meter 240
that has major issues from what i hear. it will still be a while...
Phone: [AT&T Galaxy S4] Rom:

Tablet: [Nexus 7 2013] Rom:

Dog: [Pitbull Sharpei Mix] Rom: Stock

appdroid
Old
Thanks Meter 4,310

DONATE TO ME
Do you know how many dev work on international sgs2? They have dev thread full of devs from all over the world. I can guess about 20 devs or more and they have tons of roms and kernels. We have bunch of devs too but idk who will bring it on skyrocket. I am not talking about official ics either.
Check out my blog, Everything about Android! & Click Here to See Android Tutorials on My Youtube.
New to XDA?? Check this out!!
I hate when People don't Thank after getting help So Got help! Great hit Thnx!!!!
If You Appreciate My work Please Donate & Help me Buy A Desktop Which will help me make Better ROMs!

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2,688

DONATE TO ME
They got a leak. What can we expect you asked? No one knows it may or.may not get leaked. Depends on if anyone has a friend inside.. which i dont believe anyone on ou..r forum does so dont expect a leak if it happens great but just because the gs2 did does not mean anything for us. Ours is a completly different phone..

MakAttak
Old
Thanks Meter 3
+1 Amen... Cant wait for ICS for S/R, will keep an eye out for CM9-stable in the meantime..

Longcat14
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Knowing AT&T, they'll want to keep their latest and greatest phone with the greatest network up to date with the greatest software, so they probably have an alpha build of ICS for our phone, just no leak.
Current Phone

Samsung Galaxy S5 - AT&T
-----------------------------------------
Rooted
-----------------------------------------

Previous Phone(s):
HTC One M8 - Samsung Galaxy S III Pebble Blue - Apple iPhone 4S

LordGeek
Old
(Last edited by LordGeek; 15th December 2011 at 08:26 PM.)
Thanks Meter 127

DONATE TO ME
Hate to burst people's hopes, I saw posted somewhere in Twitter that someone had leaked a document showing the unverified release dates for various phones to get ICS.. however, the Samsung Galaxy S II series phones will NOT be seeing anything on ICS until approximately April 2012.

Now I know our phones are part of the SGS2 series, but don't know if it's included in that approximate release date !!

EDIT: Found the link - http://www.talkandroid.com/78981-ooo.../#.TupXle5Z62I

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II Skyrocket using Tapatalk
Device: HTC One (M8)
Kernel: 3.4.0-gaabcaed
Baseband: 1.16.21331931.LA11G_20.31A.4145.02L
Build: 1.58.502.1 CL335549 release-keys

OLD Devices:
SGS 5 - Charcoal Black (exchanged for above phone)
SGN 3 - Jet Black (eBay)
SGN 2 - Titanium (eBay)
HTC One X - Grey (Brother)
SGS 4 - Red Aurora (eBay)
SGS 4 - Black Mist (exchanged for above phone)
SGN 2 - Titanium (Sold)
SGS 3 - Garnet Red (Wife)
SGS 3 - Pebble Blue (exchanged for above phone)

vbhines
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Longcat14 View Post
Knowing AT&T, they'll want to keep their latest and greatest phone with the greatest network up to date with the greatest software, so they probably have an alpha build of ICS for our phone, just no leak.
lolz

If I interpret your sarcasm correctly, I read "Get real - they're just as likely to say 'What's a Skyrocket? Are you sure you don't mean this conceptually identical phone called the Skyrocket 2 that's currently on sale on-contract (for you, sucker!) that comes pre-loaded with ICS?'"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
A Bow-Tie Wearing Captivate
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbj View Post
Ive gone thru page after page of this thread and most of it is Susie wondering if she should go all the way. ::rolls eyes::

Thegrimreaper3
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbhines View Post
lolz

If I interpret your sarcasm correctly, I read "Get real - they're just as likely to say 'What's a Skyrocket? Are you sure you don't mean this conceptually identical phone called the Skyrocket 2 that's currently on sale on-contract (for you, sucker!) that comes pre-loaded with ICS?'"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA App
Don't you mean skyrocket HD with 720p display? Ob wait that's already been announced =(