5,600,053 Members 44,475 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] I'd love to buy one, but....

Tip us?

rfarrah
Old
(Last edited by rfarrah; 14th December 2011 at 10:44 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 284
Default [Q] I'd love to buy one, but....

I've been watching the web, ebay, craigslist, and tech store's sites for a few weeks now, hoping to score an HTC Flyer at a great price. No luck so far. Was going to use wi-fi only so I don't care about carrier.

But I must be missing something. Best Buy has them for $299 brand new, but they consistently sell for hundreds MORE than that on Ebay. What am I missing?
HTC Fan, but this LG G2 is Incredible

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Depends on your Craigslist locale. Here in NYC, I see them from 225 to 270. The black Sprint versions, Evo View 4g models go a bit higher cause of the built in 3g/4g and 32gb storage. EBay deals have had the Sprint version for $240 on several occasions now, keep looking.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2 (Current)

Old
Thanks Meter 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
I've been watching the web, ebay, craigslist, and tech store's sites for a few weeks now, hoping to score an HTC Flyer at a great price. No luck so far. Was going to use wi-fi only so I don't care about carrier.

But I must be missing something. Best Buy has them for $299 brand new, but they consistently sell for hundreds MORE than that on Ebay. What am I missing?
Best buy is Oos , and has been for a while. That's why the discrepancy.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

manacap
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Actually, last few airports I've been through have them in the Best Buy self-serve Kiosks. I haven't stopped to see the price.

LordLugard
Old
Thanks Meter 255
Not to rub in any salt, but just picked up a brand new in box Evo View off CList for 250 an hour ago. On the bus on my way home now, can't wait to molest it.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G
Previous mistresses:
Epic Touch (Galaxy)
Nexus S 4G
Epic 4G Touch (Galaxy S2)
Galaxy S3
Galaxy Note 2
LG G2 (Current)

focbuster78
Old
Thanks Meter 17
You can get on for $298 here. but I bought it for $239 a few days ago so just keep an eye out. I read that it would be 199 at sprint after x-mas here but I think that is on contact
PPC 6700>>>> mogul>>>>Touch/vogue>>>> touch diamond>>>> Touch Pro2>>>> Htc Evo>>>>
Evo 3D>>>>Epic 4g
View 4G as my tablet
The Following User Says Thank You to focbuster78 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

n7of9
Old
Thanks Meter 149
Quote:
Originally Posted by rfarrah View Post
Best Buy has them for $299 brand new, but they consistently sell for hundreds MORE than that on Ebay. What am I missing?
different versions...16GB vs 32BG, wifi only vs wifi and 3G, locked vs unlocked

freak4dell
Old
Thanks Meter 183
You can have mine for $260 shipped.

The Following User Says Thank You to freak4dell For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]