[OBSOLETE][How To] Run Hulu Plus On your Photon!
THIS THREAD IS NOW OBSOLETE - GO HERE FOR A MODDED APK THAT WORKS WITH THE PHOTON
So after a bit of digging and messing around, I managed to get the Hulu Plus app working on my Photon. This is the original thread
I found the information on how to do it, but I figured I'd write it out in a guide and post here and on the Xoom subforum.
Root access is required
for this method to work as well as Titanium Backup
. You must also have a Hulu Plus account in order to log in to the app. Sorry, no free videos via this app
1. You will need to first download this Zip Folder
Inside you should find 3 files.
2. Take these files and move them to your Titanium Backup folder (where all the backups are stored). All three files need to be moved here.
3. Open Titanium Backup. Toggle on over to the Backup/restore tab and scroll toward the bottom. You should now see the HuluPlus app here.
4. Click on Hulu Plus and select Restore.
5. The key step! You must select App + Data.
Selecting only App will result in Hulu+ being restored but upon opening, indicating that your device is not supported. Select App + Data!
And there you go. Open Hulu Plus and you can begin watching.
Let me know if it works for you if you try it! Enjoy!
If you have any issues, I suggest going into settings -> applications and finding hulu plus and clearing data. Then return to Titanium backup and restore Data only.
Device: Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Android Version: 4.1.2; AOKP Build 5
Device: Motorola Xoom WiFi
Android Version: 4.1.2; Eos Nightlies
Device: Samsung Moment
Android Version: 2.2.2; UberMoment 1.3.4
Other devices I am familiar with:
HP Touchpad | HTC Droid Incredible | Motorola Droid X | Motorola Photon | Nook Color | Nook Tablet