XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[USER] JB/ICS/CM10/9 Discussion

Tip us?

Benzoman
Old
Thanks Meter 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by brentb636 View Post
I had the same problem, but got past that point by using the modified Gapps from the 1st post of this thread, http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1444943 . That should work for you.
Thats exactly what I did. thought of it while I was making the post. Thanks though.

Sent from my NookColor using XDA App

Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 10.1 Wi-Fi

If I have helped you in any way Please use the "Thanks" button.
The Following User Says Thank You to Benzoman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

leapinlar
Old
(Last edited by leapinlar; 21st January 2012 at 10:44 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,627

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by insz View Post
Turns out that the device ids have also changed on my NC, which is why ADB wasn't working for me. I had to add new entries into android_winusb.inf with USB\VID_18D1&PID_D002 instead of USB\VID_2080&PID_0002.
Thank you so much for the insight. I never would have gotten ADB working on CM9 without this hint. I had ADB working on CM7, but not CM9. Turns out they do have different device ids.

My device id was a little different yet (USB\VID_18D1&PID_2D02), but I was able to get it working by putting that id in the inf file.

For those that are still having trouble, make sure you have USB debugging selected and connect the Nook to your PC. Then open device manager and look for the "Nook Color" under "other" that has a question mark beside it. Right click on properties and look at the "Details" tab. It will show the device id that you can copy and paste to the android_winusb.inf file. The id should replace the one listed in the quote above under "B&N Nook Color". Save the modified file. Then you can update the driver by right clicking on it in device manager again and select "update driver". Then find the inf file you just modified and select it. Should work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to leapinlar For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

EverythingNook
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Couldn't get the Asus weather widget to work, can someone else try it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1048959
NOOK Color | ICS | 1.3 GHz

Hkdubois
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by EverythingNook View Post
Couldn't get the Asus weather widget to work, can someone else try it?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1048959
The signed apk works for me somewhat. It displays all the info correctly using the framework modification I mentioned a few posts ago to get location working. However, I cannot change to show Fahrenheit instead of Celsius for the temperature.

mikelav456
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Sorry, but this might be a stupid question, but I'm a bit confused. I am running the ICS nightly off an sd card and I tried to flash the telephonypermissions zip by changing the name to update-cm- and booting into recovery, and it seemed to actually install, but the apps are still not showing in the market.

Any help? Thanks.

ToiletDuck555
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Just started running this and wow, nice work devs!!

I was wondering if there was a way to remove the rotation lag?

Schwinn555
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote" Originally Posted by mikelav456 View Post

I'm trying to flash Samiam's other zip files (the telephony permissions fix and the animation fix) by adding "update-" to the file name, putting it on the boot partition, and booting into recovery, but that doesn't seem to work (I'm running CM9 off an microSD using verygreen's method).

Is there another way to-correctly-flash these files?

Thank you in advance.

its 'update-cm-*' and whatever else comes after is fine.

Racks "end Quote

Tried it, seemed to run fine but didn't work?

mikelav456
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schwinn555 View Post
Quote" Originally Posted by mikelav456 View Post

I'm trying to flash Samiam's other zip files (the telephony permissions fix and the animation fix) by adding "update-" to the file name, putting it on the boot partition, and booting into recovery, but that doesn't seem to work (I'm running CM9 off an microSD using verygreen's method).

Is there another way to-correctly-flash these files?

Thank you in advance.

its 'update-cm-*' and whatever else comes after is fine.

Racks "end Quote

Tried it, seemed to run fine but didn't work?
I tried it, both with the star and without (because I wasn't sure if the star denoted where the name of the file goes or that there should actually be a star), neither worked. Still can't see the Economist app.

Any advice?

brezhnevv
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Running the 118 build from samiam303. Haven't had any problems to speak of, had the sleep of death once and tasker keeps FCing when I use shortcuts but aside from that... Best. Alpha. Ever.

I planned on just booting it up to see how it was then reverting to a CM7 backup, but its stable enough that I think I'm just going to stick with it. Thumbs up to the devs!

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk

brentb636
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Loaded the 121 build ( last night's) and the install went smoothly. Got one SOD but none since. Downloaded CPU Master and adjust the clock to a range of 300-1200 Mhz and it seems quite useful. I'll stick with this and see what happens.

Tags
cm9, eyeballer, ics, nightly