Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,614 Members 41,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[USER] JB/ICS/CM10/9 Discussion

Tip us?

plasticarmyman
Old
(Last edited by plasticarmyman; 15th April 2012 at 01:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapinlar View Post
No

Sent from my Nook Color running ICS and Tapatalk

it's the one thing stopping me from flashing it over :\..i'm tempted to just do the dual boot on my SD...

i have read on some other forums, for other devices, that they have Netflix running on CM9...so if i am correct this is unique to our device and the CM9 builds we have available right?

Taosaur
Old
(Last edited by Taosaur; 14th April 2012 at 03:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 185
I take back my Apex recommendation--I rebooted, and Apex is in a crash loop, and I can't find anywhere to change my default launcher app (I can get to Settings via the notifications settings screen), nor does Apex show up in the app manager. I don't feel like messing with it now so I just switched over to my CM7 partition.

ETA: I don't think Apex was the problem. On further reboots, I was getting an "updating Android" message before my lockscreen loaded, but it would abort without doing anything. I went ahead and flashed Eyeballer's latest OpenGL build and Apex is working again, though my launcher settings were lost (maybe because it's installed to /system?). Unfortunately, now all my Google apps are crashing, and reflashing the most recent gapps didn't help.
device________________Nook Color_________ Xperia X10_________ Nook HD+_________ Xperia Ion
last seen running_____CM10 Nightlies________CMX10___________CM10 on SD_______ rooted stock
status__________________gifted______________retired_____________active_____________active

rgp1236
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Cool Netflix

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasticarmyman View Post
it's the one thing stopping me from flashing it over :\..i'm tempted to just do the dual boot on my SD...

i have read on some other forums, for other devices, that they have Netflix running on CM9...so if i am correct this is unique to our device and the CM9 builds we have available right?
It is certainly not unique to this device. MANY devices do not have ICS at all. As I understand it, hardware acceleration is dependent on drivers that are not available as yet for the Nook. If they have to be "reverse engineered," it will take a developer with the skills and time to take the task on, and could take months to achieve.

If you have the skills, please feel free to go for it!

tonyp
Old
Recognized Developer / Contributor
Thanks Meter 33087

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgp1236 View Post
It is certainly not unique to this device. MANY devices do not have ICS at all. As I understand it, hardware acceleration is dependent on drivers that are not available as yet for the Nook. If they have to be "reverse engineered," it will take a developer with the skills and time to take the task on, and could take months to achieve.

If you have the skills, please feel free to go for it!
I don't think there'll be a dev who would go for it. We can wait for another device with the same chipset to get ICS. I'm not sure but I think the LG Optimus Black has the same chipset and has a confirmation for an ICS release (3rd quarter 2012 though..).

nolook
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonydl View Post
I don't think there'll be a dev who would go for it. We can wait for another device with the same chipset to get ICS. I'm not sure but I think the LG Optimus Black has the same chipset and has a confirmation for an ICS release (3rd quarter 2012 though..).
I'm going too keep my nook until the nexus tablet comes out...hope a good hardware accelerated build comes out before then...

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

joeindallas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Default two small issues

Now that I've gotten my battery life issues ironed out, I have only two (small) issues that are keeeping my experience from being perfect so I thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions. First, with the default launcher is there a way to display battery life in numeric format in addition to the graphical? Second: I moved to an older version of the kindle app to fix all of the spacing issues, but on ICS (as opposed to my prev. experience with CM7) the fonts are out of whack and I will frequently get what appears to be multiple words with no spaces between them. Is there a known fix for this?

Thanks for making my Nook Color experience so good!

boomn
Old
Thanks Meter 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeindallas View Post
Now that I've gotten my battery life issues ironed out, I have only two (small) issues that are keeeping my experience from being perfect so I thought I'd see if anyone had suggestions. First, with the default launcher is there a way to display battery life in numeric format in addition to the graphical? Second: I moved to an older version of the kindle app to fix all of the spacing issues, but on ICS (as opposed to my prev. experience with CM7) the fonts are out of whack and I will frequently get what appears to be multiple words with no spaces between them. Is there a known fix for this?

Thanks for making my Nook Color experience so good!
When is your ICS build from, and when did you last try the Kindle app from the market? The Kindle app has received some big updates in the last week or two and the text has appeared perfect for me with the non-opengl ICS builds I've been using from the last two weeks

I don't have my Nook in front of me, but there is a battery display setting somewhere in the settings menu

joeindallas
Old
Thanks Meter 2
My ICS build is the non-opengl from 3-31. I just tried the latest Kindle App. I had not tried that version before, but I still can't find a way to shrink the margins enough to show the same page real estate as 2.05, so I went back. Thanks for the confirmation that I was just dense in not finding the battery setting - tried again and found it.

Thanks.
edychen Old
Thanks Meter
Not sure if this happens to everyone, but when Google Music is playing, doing something else just stutters the music.

stolenmoment
Old
Thanks Meter 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by edychen View Post
Not sure if this happens to everyone, but when Google Music is playing, doing something else just stutters the music.
That happened to me, briefly, today, with eyeballer's 4/22 build. For experimentation, I should have just rebooted, but I reflashed 4/21 (ok), then flashed 4/22 again and all is fine.

So, my advice is to mess around and see how stable the effect is.

Sent from my NookColor using xda premium

Tags
cm9, eyeballer, ics, nightly