GTA III + Samsung Galaxy S I9000

Search This thread

t-jet

Jul 2, 2009
Does it work with you?

I could open it, download game data but then it closes (no force close) every time I click on the app icon. Downloaded Chainfire 3D, installed it, but no luck.

I9000 + MIUI

zolah

Oct 13, 2010
I really want to download this game but i want to know if the i9000 can handle it first =/.

Dboy352

May 24, 2011
If it doesn't work go into market and hit refund. I believe it gives you a full refund if you uninstall within 15 minutes of downloading.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App

zolah

Oct 13, 2010
Yeah thats true but the problem with big games like this is that if you have trouble downloading the additional files the 15 minute window can soon disapear.

They should have left the refund time at 1 hour. 15 minutes just isnt enough half of the time.

LockeSGS

Sep 17, 2010
Of course it will run smoothly on Galaxy S... It's 1 thread optimized game and actually does not require dual core device. :D

madphone

Apr 21, 2011
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Doesn't work for me (Cyanogenfortomorrow). Damn, i first bought it on Galaxy S, than i got my money back. Later i tried on galaxy nexus, where it isn't working either, and now i can't get back my money.

phatxs

Aug 30, 2010
It's not working for me either (i'm on Darkys 10.2 EE),i'm now installing Chainfire 3d as you suggested
edit: doesnt work with chainfire3d either...

Last edited:

Onraad

Apr 27, 2009
Huis ter Heide
It almost works for me :p

It opens, and when I leave it, it shows the credits while music is playing. However, when I touch the screen, it turns black and nothing seems to happen anymore.

I am running Simplicity 2.1

edit: just got it as far as the homescreen, clicked start game, and now I have a black screen and nothing happens :-(

edit2: with chainfire3d it doesn't work either

Last edited:

zolah

Oct 13, 2010
Maybe he was telling porky pies :eek:

Has anyone on a stock rom tried running it?

Has anyone been on the android market on their PC and searched for this game?

Why is their like 5 different versions of it with like 1 pence difference :confused:

Onraad

Apr 27, 2009
Huis ter Heide

Im on stock JVQ 2.3.4 with CF root at the moment. I might give it a go when i get home from work...

Why is their like 5 different versions of it with like 1 pence difference :confused:

All different versions are for different regions, don't know why the small price difference exists, and I don't really care either..

t-jet

Jul 2, 2009

If you look at the URL of all the 4 version you see that there's a US, AUS, JPN and GER version

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Everybody please wait for the galaxy nexus release of game,the next release it's for powervr sgx540=(galaxy nexus,LG O3D,Galaxy S,Nexus S,Motorola Droid/Milestone 3/Droid Bionic/Droid Razr/ and more....
    The lambo works great. I've tried a passat w8 and I doesn't load up correctly..

I've also attached blank movies, so when you load the game you don't have to wait for the rockstar logo movie. Just extract & replace the ones in /movies folder.
    Anyone had any luck installing new cars?

Here's the guide: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20497862&postcount=1

managed to get them to work on miine following that guide sofar only tried jakes lambo

SC20111228-131654.jpg

files attached for them below if anyone wants to try

View attachment murcielago.zip
    I've attached some savegames with all the islands unlocked. There's also the gta3.set file with full light effects.

Btw, the game runs great on ics onecosmic rc1 without chainfire3d drivers and I've deleted the audio folder.
    You're all going about it the wrong direction. It's not the cpu or gpu that's the problem. It's ram. When I ran it on gingerbread, it crashes after the intro videos. But when I ran it on froyo(which has more free ram), it can go all the way to the menu and loading screen, though it still crashes. I'm guessing our galaxy s simply doesn't have enough ram to run this game.

Mhm.. I doubt it. If you are still in froyo, please try the following:
    Install Chainfire 3D and reduce Texture size and set it to 16bit (do no select a Plugin, set that in none)
    If the game keeps doing THE SAME ( "all the way to the menu and loading screen, though it still crashes." ), Then it's not RAM... if you can play or keeps you going further.. then tell us ;) xD.

By the way.. do you have I9000 or Captivate? if you have the i9000 ... (i have Captivate) wich amount of "true" Ram can be used? in Captivate , depending on the rom it's 380 or so... (it's because 128 are not true usable common RAM... but they say 384Mb{ram}+128Mb{other kind of RAM memory... not "comon RAM" } equals to 512 xD haha.. I wonder if that happens with I9000.

Greetings form Argentina