Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

Some of Our Favorite Features in Android 5.0 Lollipop

Android 5.0 Lollipop is the latest major revision to Google’s mobile operating … more

Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

Viewpad 7" VB734

OP chchia

15th December 2011, 12:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5

154 posts
More

http://www.1mid.net/?p=1083

I just got myself a Viewpad VB734 from China, but strangely this model is not found anyway on the Viewsonic Official Website.

The price is about USD110.

It have a Cortex-A8 RK2918 CPU @ 1GHz, 512MB DDR3 Ram, 7" screen with 5 point touch panel. running on gingerbread with honeycomb interface. surprisingly smooth playing 3d games. but certain games is not supported.

wondering any idea how to root it? it this have the same rooting procedure as 7e or 7x?

Thanks.
15th December 2011, 06:11 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 103

630 posts
More
Looks like a clone - no real Viewpad...
18th December 2011, 08:33 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Kuala Lumpur

154 posts
More
ok, i found the official website

http://www.viewmate.com.cn/2011VB734/

it is from Viewmate, the ViewSonic company in China.

And this product is officialy claim that it will be support Android 4.0.

wondering when it will have ICS.
15th February 2012, 05:55 AM   |  #4  
Flag Phnom Penh
Thanks Meter: 105

368 posts
More
chchia, have you tried any roms on this yet? I just saw a shop here with a Viewsonic VB734 and VB734Pro.
16th February 2012, 06:07 AM   |  #5  
Flag Panyu / Guangzhou
Thanks Meter: 3

98 posts
Donate to Me
More
Please let me know if you find a site that has upgraded ice cream sandwich roms. I've got this viewpad97a tablet for my children it works great but I would really like to upgrade the rom. I think I'm the only 1 on the entire in that bought this model there's not any information for it anywhere.

Sent from my ViewPad97a using XDA App
17th February 2012, 08:10 AM   |  #6  
Flag Riga
Thanks Meter: 32

146 posts
More
If it's running gingerbread (2.3) then you can root vie SuperOneClick or ''Gingerbreak'' as I did on my VIEWPAD 7
25th September 2012, 02:58 PM   |  #7  

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiNSA

Please let me know if you find a site that has upgraded ice cream sandwich roms. I've got this viewpad97a tablet for my children it works great but I would really like to upgrade the rom. I think I'm the only 1 on the entire in that bought this model there's not any information for it anywhere.

Sent from my ViewPad97a using XDA App

Viewpad97a is definitely not the same tablet of this thread!

Well, I made some search and VB means ViewBook. It can be updated by pc using a software you can download from their site:
http://www.viewmate.com.cn/index.php...wnload-center&
The software needs to install on your pc some drivers for Fuzhuo Rockchip (RK29 device), then you can update or restore using Rockchip batch tool (and using google translate for the install notes included)
Now I can just restore with the update.img provided in the cd coming with the tablet.

I was able to root this tablet with SuperOneClick over the original Gingerbread... Is there nobody that can tell us how to install CWM and ICS rom?
Maybe this tablet has other model number (and manifacturer) outside China?

I'm trying to write down in chinese :-o to Viewsonic to know when they're going to release the promised ICS version...
Last edited by pazzproducts; 27th October 2012 at 06:23 PM.
26th September 2012, 10:44 AM   |  #8  

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool ICS for VB734Pro ect.
I'm testing the official version coming from the manifacturer*.
As soon as I get some result, I'll keep you posted.

*They have beta versions for all products from ViewMate aka Viewsonic
Last edited by pazzproducts; 27th October 2012 at 06:15 PM.
13th October 2012, 02:47 PM   |  #9  

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Cool ICS for VB734Pro
I'm testing, since my last post here, the official beta version for Viewmate (viewsonic) VB734Pro.

Nice one, is working fine with some little setback:
- first, you can't root this: connecting it to my pc with windows, there's no way to see the tablet as an android device. It's just a linux hard drive on my device manager. So, debug mode doesn't work at all;
- second, using the usb connection makes the tablet a little unstable and, after you disconnect, you can see a message saying SDcard damaged, It's not true, but it's just necessary to reboot the VB734Pro;
- booting takes time, about two minutes...
- some app won't install from Google Play (ie. Chrome) and Google Books won't update because of signature conflict (there's a 2.2.1 version as system app!).

Finding a way to root it should give me the chance to reduce booting time, but also to correct Google Books conflict, use any app that needs rooting and... make complete backups with titanium if necessary.
Last edited by pazzproducts; 1st May 2013 at 10:24 AM. Reason: correction
20th October 2012, 06:04 PM   |  #10  

28 posts
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up VB734Pro with ICS and rooted!!!
Thanks to picchiopc and his blog I was able to root this tablet using a pc with Linux Ubuntu 12.04 installed.
I wasn't able to see the tablet using Windows 7: maybe because both Linux and Android share the same code from Unix I had the chance to implement the adb service otherwise not usable with Windows.
The procedure is quite complex: first you need to install correctly AndroidSDK, second you need to properly connect the device using 2207 as [VENDOR ID] and 0000 as [PRODUCT ID], third you need to create the file adb_usb.ini inside the directory .android in your root. This file must contain just "0x2207" without quotes as text inside it.
Then use this script to root your tablet VB734Pro with ICS installed.

FYI: Mediacom 840I and Viewsonic VB734Pro have the same motherboard, processor, etc.

BE CAREFUL: connecting the tablet to your pc with Windows can create instability to the VB734Pro, mainly because the internal sd card is unreadable (and inaccessible) to the pc. So expect the screen of your tablet start scrambling a lot when you attempt to connect to your pc via usb cable.
One workaround is to turn off your tablet, unmount your external sd card and then connect it directly to the pc using an adapter or card reader, or try to use Airdroid on the same wifi network.

UPDATE: The only good reason to root this tablet is to use Root Uninstaller, Clean Master and also Root Explorer: I was able to clean up some unnecessary apps and take a look to Google Now, that is not working fine... in this tablet.
I don't recommend the use of any sd booster, like Sd Increase or Sd-booster: it doesn't make any difference at all.
I don't recommend the use of Link2sd: it simply doubles the time when you turn on the tablet!
Last edited by pazzproducts; 1st May 2013 at 10:23 AM. Reason: update

The Following User Says Thank You to pazzproducts For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread