Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,814 Members 43,924 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Root Dell Streak 7 HoneyComb

Tip us?

svibrant67
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question Root Dell Streak 7 HoneyComb

Hey guys, just got me a dell streak 7 with android 3.2. I really wanna root it, but I've read the instructions posted in the other threads & its just not making sense, can someone explain it easier? ON how to put the clockworkmod image on a sd card, etc...?

Thanks!

jhogal1
Old
(Last edited by jhogal1; 16th December 2011 at 02:19 AM.) Reason: Addtional INfo
Thanks Meter 12
1. Download Fastboot+ADB.zip
2. UNzip the file and copy the whole folder to C:\
3. Assuming the name of the Field u unzipped is "Fastboot+ADB", rename thsi folder to ADB (I only rename the folder for simplicity when enter the path in command promt) also do some reading on how to install ADB
4. Now go to Start> Run. enter CMD in RUN
5. that should open a command prompt defaulted to C:\ Documents and Settings \XXXX (your could have different path XXXX here is additional path)
6. Now in Command prompt change directory to ADB folder (if u renamed folder in step 3) or Fastboot+ADB(if u didnt rename folder in step 3)
you initial path would be C:\ Documents and Settings \XXXX (your could have different path XXXX here is additional path)

now change directory C:\ Documents and Settings \CD C:\ADB \tools (if u renamed folder in step 3) and hit enter
now change directory C:\ Documents and Settings \CD C:\Fastboot+ADB\tools(if u didnt rename folder in step 3) and Hit enter
7. now your path would be C:\ADB \tools
8. C:\ADB \tools fastboot.exe (hit enter, that should give some commands that u can use with fastboot ).
9.Copy the File Clockwork mod 5.0.2.7 recovery.img(rename this to recovery.img) and superuser7.zipon to root directory of the internal Streak 7
10. now get your streak into Fastboot mode (look at Setting up fastboot for Windows -XDA wiki)
11. Connect your streak to computer and type fastboot flash recovery recovery.img (sample what it looks like i command prompt C:\ADB \tools fastboot.exe flash recovery recovery.img) and hit enter
12. u should some messages on your streak something like writing recover.img(the process dosent take no longer than 1 min MAX)
13. now open the SDcarf slot cover and do reset pushing into the pinhole next to SD card reader. teh streak will be turned off and with thsi your device should be CMW enabled

Rooting:
1. assuming your device is turned off, get the device into recover mode (see wiki how to get streak into recovery) and select update from update.zip(user volume rocker to navigate up and won and power button to select )
2. then after quick 2 secs that should give additional options (cant recall options as I don't have my streak with me right now) select the option where it says like Internal memory and navigate to update.zip and select the file. process would run for quick min or so and now once u see the process has complete select option to reboot device and that's it u are done.

Move this to Generic section, should not be in DEV
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to jhogal1 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

s14evil
Old
(Last edited by s14evil; 22nd January 2012 at 02:07 AM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Thanks for your help... It took me a bit... But it all worked out.. now to try some ICS...
Sent from my Dell Streak 7 using XDA App

cidand1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hey, i have an issue while using fastboot. apparently i am missing the drivers, and my DS7 and PC never get to communicate while my DS7 is in fastboot mode. I unzipped the fastboot plus drivers on my pc, and even tried to point via divice manager on PC, still not able to communicate. What do you think?
PC : AMD althon 64. Win7pro 64;
DS7: Andriod 2.2.2 kernel 2.6.32.09

brainndropp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This is where I left off and haven't revisited until now

s14evil
Old
Thanks Meter 54
check this out http://www.cesgeekbook.com/2011/12/r...eycomb-32.html
This helped me..
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
D using XDA App

cidand1
Old
(Last edited by cidand1; 29th January 2012 at 11:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
I still do not have the drivers.zip file on my ds7. Can someone email me theie drivers.zip file pls?

s14evil
Old
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidand1 View Post
I still do not have the drivers.zip file on my ds7. Can someone email me theie drivers.zip file pls?

Did you look for the drivers in your internal SD .. it should be there ... I'll try and put them up later...
Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

cidand1
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ya' I looked there. And its not there. Its missing from my ds7. If u can, it will help me out.

s14evil
Old
(Last edited by s14evil; 30th January 2012 at 11:53 PM.)
Thanks Meter 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by cidand1 View Post
Ya' I looked there. And its not there. Its missing from my ds7. If u can, it will help me out.

Send me a pm with you email...hope it helps you root