Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,637 Members 40,101 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][Pre-Pre-ALPHA] Droid A855 ICS Build Attempt

Tip us?

kfazz
Old
(Last edited by kfazz; 11th January 2012 at 05:13 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 560
PVR lib versions
droid stock pvr stack:
1.4 build 1.5.15.2592

Milestone: (not the same as droid libs, kernel mods are different too)
1.4 build 1.5.15.2592

TI sdk 3.01.00.03: (build, loads on droid, runs at 1fps)
1.4 build 1.5.15.2766

TI sdk 4.0x.xx.xx (builds, loads on droid, runs at 1fps) (unsure of exact version)
as found by git clone --branch ti_sgx_sdk-ddk_1.7 git://gitorious.org/rowboat/hardware-ti-sgx.git TI_Android_SGX_SDK
1.4 build 1.7.17.4352

sdk version 1.8, when it is released, should contain an ics graphics stack.
1.8 is the version that google's ics kernel sources refer to.

Antrax57
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default ICS

Hey kfazz do u will continue working on the ics rom,because is almost perfect,but don't work the cam and 2 more things for now is good your work sr.

metalspring
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 4333

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antrax57 View Post
Hey kfazz do u will continue working on the ics rom,because is almost perfect,but don't work the cam and 2 more things for now is good your work sr.
im sure it still has a lot more stuff that needs worked on that you dont normally see...like hardware acceleration, some graphical things (just try a graphics benchmark app like neocore or something and you'll see right away), bluetooth, and probably adding in more cyanogenmod 9 things (like long press back to kill an app that was just added)...be patient and im sure kfazz will keep working on it until at least everything is working for the most part...then maybe other developers like the ones that made liquid rom, steeldroid, etc. will take it and add their own twists

devo4040
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I have tried reading through and it seems others have had this issue but I can't seem to find a fix for it. I got everything flashed and running including the gapps, but my market does not show up. I've tried searching around and found nothing so I am hoping one of you fine gentlemen on this board can point me in the right direction. Thanks.

cowsquad
Old
Thanks Meter 265

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by devo4040 View Post
I have tried reading through and it seems others have had this issue but I can't seem to find a fix for it. I got everything flashed and running including the gapps, but my market does not show up. I've tried searching around and found nothing so I am hoping one of you fine gentlemen on this board can point me in the right direction. Thanks.
Well I suggest you to delete some apk from the gapps zip, for example, I deleted dsp manager and torch.apk then tried to flash it again. Let me know how it goes

sent from my Droid ICS using tapatalk

androidlearner
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalspring View Post
considering phone calling doesnt work, no lol...camera doesnt work either but thats not a huge deal...however if you dont need to make calls or take pictures then it works pretty well
Does Google Voice work or is it the voice out that isn't working? I wouldn't mind using Google Voice instead of the native phone function if it works.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Tapatalk

alienbiker99
Old
Thanks Meter 6
kfazz, it seems like we are waiting on ti to release its omap3 sources... i've been following the CM9 development on the nook color and the DSP is not working for the same reasons as well.

HLSilver
Old
(Last edited by HLSilver; 12th January 2012 at 12:54 AM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Managed to flash the ROM and get it booted, however the orientation is a little...strange...for whatever reason when the slide is open it tends to use portrait, then when closed it goes into landscape. Turning auto-rotate off seems to have fixed it for the moment.

Lemonslike
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HLSilver View Post
Managed to flash the ROM and get it booted, however the orientation is a little...strange...for whatever reason when the slide is open it tends to use portrait, then when closed it goes into landscape. Turning auto-rotate off seems to have fixed it for the moment.
That's odd, my orientation worked perfectly.

Sent from my CushZero using XDA App

HLSilver
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemonslike View Post
That's odd, my orientation worked perfectly.

Sent from my CushZero using XDA App
I mean it's all over the place. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. If I open it and close it, it will switch to portrait for a few seconds but then switches back.

This in addition to not having the market after flashing GApps. Going to try deleting some of the APKs in a second.

Tags
droid a855 ics alpha