Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,219 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Never use your power button again. Flip case/pocket autolock.

Tip us?

epicfailguy2
Old
(Last edited by epicfailguy2; 15th December 2011 at 09:35 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
Angry Never use your power button again. Flip case/pocket autolock.

In the market the APP called AUTOLOCK allows :

- Automatic screen off by proximity sensor : when I put my note in my pocket the screen goes off automatically.
- When the note is in landscape there's an option to disable the proximity sensor

With a flip case :
- The proximity sensor (like on the ipad2 smart cover) disables the screen when you close it.
- Wakes up the screen when you open it... but obviously this option will prevent the phone from entering deep sleep and drain battery life this is not confirmed yet, since I havn't monitored my battery life with this app yet.
- For cases with magnets theres an additional option to use the magnetic sensor instead of the proximity sensor

Add some cool factor to your phones ! The app is free (for the moment...)

If autolock doesnt work with your flip case you can try "Proximity Screen Off" which is a similar app but sadly it has no wake up option.
Or just increase the reading interval to 3 seconds.
To uninstall you must remove admin rights to the sensor first. In settings -> localisation --> admin rights.

Proximity sensor is just an IR LED, it doesnt drain much battery... Remember the oncall battery life with screen off sensor on of the note is like 9 hours non stop.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to epicfailguy2 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

GALAXYNOTE
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by epicfailguy2 View Post
In the market the APP called AUTOLOCK allows :

- Automatic screen off by proximity sensor : when I put my note in my pocket the screen goes off automatically.
- When the note is in landscape there's an option to disable the proximity sensor

With a flip case :
- The proximity sensor (like on the ipad2 smart cover) disables the screen when you close it.
- Wakes up the screen when you open it...
- For cases with magnets theres an additional option to use the magnetic sensor instead of the proximity sensor

Add some cool factor to your phones ! The app is free (for the moment...)
so the proximity sensor will be on 24/7?

jimbob456
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I can't seem to get this to work with the flip case

Sent from my GT-N7000 using xda premium

jimbob456
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Managed to get it to lock ok by disabling the wake up setting, because when the flip case cover is all the way down it seems to wake the phone up again

anvesh3773
Old
Thanks Meter 2
why m i unable to uninstall autolock application tried it in various ways but still unable to uninstall help guys ny advice

avetny
Old
Thanks Meter 1592
Quote:
Originally Posted by anvesh3773 View Post
why m i unable to uninstall autolock application tried it in various ways but still unable to uninstall help guys ny advice
try to clean cache in settings>>>applications>>>manage applications>>>find autolock app>>>clear data>>>and unistal....
if is not working download titanium backup....and delete this app

epicfailguy2
Old
(Last edited by epicfailguy2; 15th December 2011 at 09:32 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 53
If autolock doesnt work with your flip case you can try "Proximity Screen Off" which is a similar app.
Or just increase the reading interval to 3 seconds.
To uninstall you must remove admin rights to the sensor first. In settings -> localisation --> admin rights

Dont use both apps at the same time or it will do a mess !

jimbob456
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I tried that one too, for some reason the proximity sensor works when the case flap is a few mm from the screen, but when the flap is shut all the way the sensor doesn't register it, so tries to turn back on again.

The Following User Says Thank You to jimbob456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

drgopoos
Old
Thanks Meter 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbob456 View Post
I tried that one too, for some reason the proximity sensor works when the case flap is a few mm from the screen, but when the flap is shut all the way the sensor doesn't register it, so tries to turn back on again.

i posted about this a few weeks ago. Dint seem to gather much attention.

The flip case does not work if it touches the screen. It has to be a few mm away.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1379719

Microsoft
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Nice Idea but need think tow times