Never use your power button again. Flip case/pocket autolock.
In the market the APP called AUTOLOCK allows :
- Automatic screen off by proximity sensor : when I put my note in my pocket the screen goes off automatically.
- When the note is in landscape there's an option to disable the proximity sensor
With a flip case :
- The proximity sensor (like on the ipad2 smart cover) disables the screen when you close it.
- Wakes up the screen when you open it...
but obviously this option will prevent the phone from entering deep sleep and drain battery life
this is not confirmed yet, since I havn't monitored my battery life with this app yet.
- For cases with magnets theres an additional option to use the magnetic sensor instead of the proximity sensor
Add some cool factor to your phones ! The app is free (for the moment...)
If autolock doesnt work with your flip case you can try "Proximity Screen Off" which is a similar app but sadly it has no wake up option.
Or just increase the reading interval to 3 seconds.
To uninstall you must remove admin rights to the sensor first. In settings -> localisation --> admin rights.
Proximity sensor is just an IR LED, it doesnt drain much battery... Remember the oncall battery life with screen off sensor on of the note is like 9 hours non stop.