Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,816 Members 39,042 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N64oid issues on Kindle Fire

Tip us?

c10layman
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] N64oid issues on Kindle Fire

I was pretty excited when I picked up my Kindle Fire to load up some classic N64 titles on it. N64oid ran pretty well on my Droid X and it runs incredibly on my rezound, but it is pretty laggy on the fire and has a lot of issues with the graphics. I know with the internals of the fire it should be able to run it easily, so I'm curious whether it's simply an issue of n64oid not being made to support the fire. My Fire isn't rooted yet so I was also wondering whether any of the rooted users running CM7 and other custom roms were having the same issues.

screwyluie
Old
Thanks Meter 51
The fire has only 2 finger support, how do you play an n64 game without a controller?

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

markkenzy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I saw a guy using cm7 on youtube and he runs n64oid just fine, seems pretty smooth, no lag.
youtube.com/watch?v=JCclu_HnR9M

huskerdu25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I'm having similar issues. I'm using Go Ex Launcher to run N64oid, and most games work well, but stuff like Mario Tennis, NBA Live 2003, and Fifa 64 are laggy as heck.

I tried downloading chainfire 3d pro to help, but having trouble getting it to find my plugins which I downloaded.

Should chainfire 3d help my kindle fire play N64 roms better?

Thanks

Belgorm
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I am running version 2.3 without chainfire and its really smooth, the first version I tried was really choppy and did not have a lot of textures.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

huskerdu25
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Would you give Fifa 64 and Mario tennis a try and let me know if you notice any lag during gameplay? 80% of the games work, but those two in particular are brutal. I had version 2.3 as well
Tags
amazon kindle fire, n64oid