Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,164 Members 38,630 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Got My New Atrix 2 today..

Tip us?

Hondo209
Old
(Last edited by Hondo209; 16th December 2011 at 03:28 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Got My New Atrix 2 today..

How can I put stuff on my internal flash drive? I can't seem to access it. I want to put my music or other things on it, I can only get into my external.

nahuelarg86
Old
Thanks Meter 3
You can't access the internal memory.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium App
Current devices:
Atrix 2
Galaxy Note 10.1

koriflame
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
I think that's something in the upcoming update... someone mentioned the partition tables not being set up properly. Not for sure though...

jimbridgman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,147

DONATE TO ME
Go do a google search for motorola medialink I think it is called, this will allow you to sync your music and photos to your phone's internal storage.

Jim

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim
The Following User Says Thank You to jimbridgman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Gadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondo209 View Post
How can I put stuff on my internal flash drive? I can't seem to access it. I want to put my music or other things on it, I can only get into my external.
You don't have an internal flash drive, Moto didn't shove one of these inside the phone

As for your internal storage (get your terminology right!), it is ONLY used for app storage. You can't access it or store anything else there.

Jimmy273
Old
Thanks Meter 109
Don't be too hard on the newbies, it's an honest mistake.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App
AT&T HTC One 32GB Rooted, Unlocked, S-OFF
Retired Motorola ATRIX 2, Rooted+CWM.
HP TouchPad CM9 Schizoid

Gadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy273 View Post
Don't be too hard on the newbies, it's an honest mistake.
Not being hard on him, just clarifying things. All mistakes are honest, otherwise they'd be called choices.

Hondo209
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by 916x10 View Post
You don't have an internal flash drive, Moto didn't shove one of these inside the phone

As for your internal storage (get your terminology right!), it is ONLY used for app storage. You can't access it or store anything else there.
Don't be a doucher, i'm not a n00b. Just because I got the "term" wrong dumbass..

jimbridgman
Old
(Last edited by jimbridgman; 17th December 2011 at 09:04 PM.) Reason: said Atrix, instead of Atrix 2, I changed that.
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3,147

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Don't be a doucher, i'm not a n00b. Just because I got the "term" wrong dumbass..

Wow that was kinda harsh, I am sure he did not mean to imply anything insulting.

We have just have had a rash of issues with newbies jumping in way over their head lately, and those of us that have been here helping out are starting to see a new pattern of the same stuff coming up over and over, and over again, without doing any research on their own. Hence the shortness of the replies lately, that we tend to give now, to a lot of things. Please just excuse us for that, it is not meant as a knock, just that we are a little frustrated with how frustrated people seem to get with things not being farther along for this phone than they are. Those of us, working in here, feel everyones pain, but we also are working hard to make this phone better.

However since you did just get the Atrix 2 you are technically a newbie in this forum, and that is not a slight or a nock, and I knew what you meant earlier about internal storage vs your sd card, and like I had stated medialink is the best choice, but however everyone is correct, that the internal 4GB is just for app storage, and a few other things that only the phone can access.

To be more successful, we all need to work together and not have fighting and so much back and forth, sometimes just let things roll off your back. We are just a frustrated as the rest of you here, about getting things we all want, and we are working towards that, including people like 916x10, remember we give our time freely to make this device better for everyone here, if you eliminate some of us, this phone will die a quick death with development.
Nexus 5 (stock Kitkat 4.4)
Backup: Galaxy Nexus Running Ubuntu Phone OS

"Microsoft is the Evil Empire"
"I *nix UNIX we all scream for Linux"

If you don't have dropbox, go sign up here:
http://db.tt/SorT4X6q
You will get an extra 500MB, and so will I.

Jim

Gadgetz
Old
Thanks Meter 495
Quote:
I'm gonna take the high road on this one and let that ride...hopefully there won't be a next time