Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,032 Members 52,377 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Batteries/Chargers (Portable, Car, AC, etc...)

Tip us?
 
Namuna
Old
#1  
Namuna's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 91
Posts: 492
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: New York

 
DONATE TO ME
Default Batteries/Chargers (Portable, Car, AC, etc...)

The Nitro battery is model number BL-49kh. Not many cheap OEM options out there right now, but an "official" spare can be purchased from AT&T store:
http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-pho...id=aQi6sm_4Fs8


Here's a few charger options...

Portable Chargers
Duracell Portable USB Charger

Car Chargers
Motorola Vehicle Rapid Charger
Kensington HIGH Current car charger

Hybrid Chargers
Boxwave AC/Car/Airplane USB Charger
Current Phone: Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (SM-N900A)
Case: Trident Cyclops w/TechMatte HD Clear Screen Protector
Carrier: AT&T
ROM: Stock 4.3, rooted
Kernel: Stock
Int Storage: 32gb
Ext Storage: AData Premiere 64GB UHS-I/Class 10

__________________________________________
There is no "Truth", only perception and deception
 
red_solo_cup
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 12
Posts: 70
Join Date: Dec 2011
Default More charging options

Alright, it seems the Ebay seller "smarthan" has some good deals on batteries and standalone battery chargers.

Official P930 battery + microUSB cable + standalone battery charger for $30

and

Official P930 battery for $15
The Following User Says Thank You to red_solo_cup For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aquariuz23
Old
#3  
aquariuz23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 862
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Clifton, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by red_solo_cup View Post
Alright, it seems the Ebay seller "smarthan" has some good deals on batteries and standalone battery chargers.

Official P930 battery + microUSB cable + standalone battery charger for $30

and

Official P930 battery for $15
That's looking good...i like the bundle one. I definitely will need a spare battery n battery charger


Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3
 
tokie_
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow KY
dose anyone know if they have a stand alone wall charger for the batterys if i was to buy a few extra i have found my self at times away from home for days and my car can never keep the charging to a nice level
 
aquariuz23
Old
#5  
aquariuz23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 862
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Clifton, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by tokie_ View Post
dose anyone know if they have a stand alone wall charger for the batterys if i was to buy a few extra i have found my self at times away from home for days and my car can never keep the charging to a nice level
Well Tokie, for your car, u can use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Univ.../dp/B004YZI1T4

One of the ports will have a 1.5amp output and will suffice to charge your battery quickly.

And if you have a tablet or wanna go ultra crazy in charging your battery n burning it U can use something like this:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0364269

That one has a 2.1amp output as well, enough power to burn a hole in your phone's battery LOL!!


Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3
 
tokie_
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 37
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Glasgow KY
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquariuz23 View Post
Well Tokie, for your car, u can use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Energizer-Univ.../dp/B004YZI1T4

One of the ports will have a 1.5amp output and will suffice to charge your battery quickly.

And if you have a tablet or wanna go ultra crazy in charging your battery n burning it U can use something like this:

http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0364269

That one has a 2.1amp output as well, enough power to burn a hole in your phone's battery LOL!!
ill let youknow once it comes in lol 2.1amps haha will my incuerence cover that in case of a fire
 
theoski
Old
#7  
Member
Thanks Meter 8
Posts: 70
Join Date: Aug 2007
I use 2.1 amp in the car and it charges pretty fast even while streaming spotify or radio through bluetooth with screen off. It helps to get through a day of heavy usage without swapping a baterry.

Sent from my LG-P930 using xda premium
 
itiskonrad
Old
#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 223
Posts: 272
Join Date: Dec 2009
For those of you who are getting an external battery charger, will you let me know if it manages to charge the batteries to 100%? I currently use a universal battery charger, which worked great for my other phone batteries (would charge them quickly and fully, so when I popped them into my phone, it showed 100%), but for whatever reason, when I try to externally charge my Nitro's battery, no matter how long I leave it or put it back on the charger, it will only reach 88% or so. Then I have to fill up the rest by putting the battery in the phone and charging through USB. I know it's not my battery (I have two, and they both do it), so I'm just curious if other external battery chargers might be better. Let me know if it works for you! If it does I'll get whatever kind you have. I'd be super grateful, thanks!
 
aquariuz23
Old
#9  
aquariuz23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 862
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Clifton, NJ
I'm getting a legit LG battery charger specifically for the nitro. It'll take me about 2 weeks to get it (coming from LG itself in Korea) but when it gets here I'll try it n will let u know how it goes.

Sent from my LG-P930 using XDA App


Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3
 
aquariuz23
Old
#10  
aquariuz23's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 81
Posts: 862
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Clifton, NJ
Quote:
Originally Posted by itiskonrad View Post
For those of you who are getting an external battery charger, will you let me know if it manages to charge the batteries to 100%? I currently use a universal battery charger, which worked great for my other phone batteries (would charge them quickly and fully, so when I popped them into my phone, it showed 100%), but for whatever reason, when I try to externally charge my Nitro's battery, no matter how long I leave it or put it back on the charger, it will only reach 88% or so. Then I have to fill up the rest by putting the battery in the phone and charging through USB. I know it's not my battery (I have two, and they both do it), so I'm just curious if other external battery chargers might be better. Let me know if it works for you! If it does I'll get whatever kind you have. I'd be super grateful, thanks!
Btw Itiskonrad, where did you get your batteries from? Is it from that ebay seller or you got it from somewhere else? Just curious, cuz I've been searching everywhere, but nobody else sells it but that guy.


Motorola Atrix 4G > Unlocked BL!! > GingerBlur 2.3.4 > Navalynt's Mod (v1.4) > Tenfar's CWM Recovery Mod > CM7

LG NITRO HD P930 >> Root via SuperOneClick v2.3.2 >> Bytecode64's CWM v.5.** >> KernelPan!c's v0.3

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes