Guide to get adhoc working on touchpad(tested and proven to work on my NRG sense3.5)
Hello guys! I have been having troubles getting my touchpad loaded with leoisright rom(I am using vB2.1[CM7 XRON-ified][Super Tweaked][Updated 12/17/2011]) to connect to my HTC HD2([Dec 14] [MULTILANG] Energy™ -.¸¸.·´¯ Sense 3.5 SensationXL! [Tweaks!] [RCMix ker]). Because currently native wifi hotspot is not working on any ported sense 3.5 rom on HD2, only Ad Hoc via Barnacle app can make data sharing work. However I know that touchpad cannot connect properly to a Ad Hoc network. But I manage to get it work by downloading ZT-180 Adhoc switching from market. Below are the steps I took:
*Make a CWM backup of your touchpad first in case something went wrong*
*I told you to make a backup already so do not blame me if anything happens*
1. Download ZT-180 Adhoc switcher onto touchpad.
2. Rename SSID(Network Name) on Barnacle app on HD2 to "AndroidTether"
3. *skip this step if you do not wish to set wireless encryption on Barnacle app on HD2.* Set the encryption key to whatever you want on Barnacle app.
4. Start Barnacle app on HD2.
5. Enable wifi on touchpad.
6. Open ZT-180 adhoc switcher on touchpad.
7. go to ZT-180 adhoc switcher settings.
8. Enter the encryption key in the "set WEP Key"
9. Tap back and Tap on try to switch to "Ad-hoc mode, just to try..."
10. wait awhile as it is trying to connect to "AndroidTether".
*You can edit to whatever network name you want at step 2. Just make sure you enter the same network name and passwork in the settings or ZT-180 adhoc switcher*
*This may also work on other devices or rom so just try it out and report if it is working*
*This is not my work and I take no credits. I am just sharing with everyone how I manage to get it work.*
HTC ONE X