Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,709 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[How To] Fix Your Device Is Not Compatible With This Item In Android App Market

Tip us?

trae4nato
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 87
Default [How To] Fix Your Device Is Not Compatible With This Item In Android App Market

So, you got the skyrocket right...? I got the white one and some of the programs are not compatible in the market?

Well there are two methods that are a guaranteed fix on most people's phone but there is another 3rd method.

Method 1. Go to your Menu button > Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Press All > and then scroll down to Market. Press clear cache first and then clear data second. If you clear data it will clear cache but the first way is my method. Reopen the market.

Method 2. Try LCD Density and set it back to the regular density if you have custom rom.

Method 3. A Godsend which is marketEnabler in the market. Download it and fake your provider as Verizon and reopen the market. I've provided more in-depth instructions below...

http://www.traemcneely.com/2011/12/1...id-app-market/
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to trae4nato For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

silver03wrx
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2688

DONATE TO ME
You should just tell people to not.mess with the densiy because that always causes this problem. Not just on the skyrocket.
The Following User Says Thank You to silver03wrx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

orlandoxpolice
Old
Thanks Meter 240
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx View Post
You should just tell people to not.mess with the densiy because that always causes this problem. Not just on the skyrocket.
but the pretty screen...
Phone: [AT&T Galaxy S4] Rom:

Tablet: [Nexus 7 2013] Rom:

Dog: [Pitbull Sharpei Mix] Rom: Stock

KillaSirrom
Old
Thanks Meter 4
i have the sgs2 and im having this problem also... i do have a custom rom but the lcd density is set to 240... and im still getting the error. any other suggestions?

jagoff
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Error Google plus

I get this error updating google plus

your device is not compatible with this item

any ideas?

Steviebabes
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Does any one know where there is a list of screen densities.
Might be nice to get a repository or a simple how to find the default for your device.
I am woefully running CM7 on a Wildfire, woeful only because my HTC One X was knicked and it's all I can afford at the mo...
But I can't figure out what resolution Groupon needs to install..

There must be either an easy way to figure this out, or if this continues to be a problem, a way to get developers to publish what they want / need on the Market Place - oh yeah Google Play, or is that now not Market / No Play / Or Use / Or Not Use / Not Play..........

S

xcrazydx
Old
Thanks Meter 2195

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steviebabes View Post
Does any one know where there is a list of screen densities.
Might be nice to get a repository or a simple how to find the default for your device.
I am woefully running CM7 on a Wildfire, woeful only because my HTC One X was knicked and it's all I can afford at the mo...
But I can't figure out what resolution Groupon needs to install..

There must be either an easy way to figure this out, or if this continues to be a problem, a way to get developers to publish what they want / need on the Market Place - oh yeah Google Play, or is that now not Market / No Play / Or Use / Or Not Use / Not Play..........

S
Stock is 240 dpi

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

RastarNation
Old
Thanks Meter 23
You can also flash the latest multi dpi play store found in the link below.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1839871

Credit to MyLifeRocks10, Rujelus22, Tsjoklat, and Gunthermic

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

optytrex
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver03wrx View Post
besides, skyrocket is pretty darn clear in and of itself. the super amoled plus on it beats it's succesor the GSIII in my opinion

Tags
skyrocket