[ROM] almost pure AOSP 4.0.3 (rooted) (GSM ONLY)
I've just built 4.0.3 from source, copied the su binary and Superuser.apk from the Android Revolution HD Rom (thanks mike1986) and removed the recovery installation (to maintain non-stock recovery).
updated the gapps to a safer gnexus friendly version for flashing
If you would like to test...
1) don't blame me if your phone blows up, crashes, bricks etc etc. USE AT YOUR OWN RISK (GSM ONLY)
2) download the rom here: http://techerrata.com/file/teamwin/o...ro-4.0.3_3.zip
3) download the gapps here: http://tinyw.in/w8Lg
4) unzip onicrom-maguro-4.0.3_3.zip
5) in a different directory unzip gapps-....zip
6) cd gappsunzippeddir/system/app
7) cp Google* /placeyou/unzipped/onicrom-maguro.../system/app
8) cp Vending.apk /placeyou/unzipped/onicrom-maguro.../system/app
9) cd /placeyou/unzipped/onicrom-maguro...
10) zip -r yournew-aosp.zip .
11) adb push yournew-aosp.zip /sdcard
12) reboot into recovery, full wipe, flash yournew-aosp.zip
These instructions are not for the faint of heart if you don't understand them DO NOT TRY THIS ROM.
camera is now working (link above updated) thanks again dwang and DebauchedSloth
they also mentioned the gapps from a newly ota'd nexus s might be better to use than the initial ics apps pulled by koush i will link to them if i find them
Superuser updated to the latest version and working just fine.
new gapps! ripped from nexus s 4.0.3 ota DO NOT FLASH THE ENTIRE GAPPS ZIP MAKE SURE YOU PULL OUT ONLY THE APKS IT WILL REPLACE system/vendor/firmware/libpn544_fw.so
newER gapps http://tinyw.in/w8Lg
safer to flash on the gnex