5,599,616 Members 44,130 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Anyone Own the USA Tmobile Flyer?

Tip us?

whudini3000
Old
(Last edited by whudini3000; 18th December 2011 at 04:53 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Anyone Own the USA Tmobile Flyer?

I ordered thru Htc.com 3 days ago and await the arrival. The unit is priced at $279, free activation,shipping and a $50 coupon off accessories. Good deal? Maybe, I'll figure it out when it gets here as I hear Tmobile is the worst for bloatware. TIA. Just wanted to know if anyone has opinions on the GSM Tmo version... seems very few people have this version of the flyer.

jlczl
Old
Thanks Meter 175
No contract?

Sent from my HTC Flyer P510e using xda premium
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

whudini3000
Old
(Last edited by whudini3000; 21st December 2011 at 03:46 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
2year contract and $200 termination fee. Htc didn't offer a flyer for tmobile w/o a contract :( . But I do plan on terminating service, I really hate contracts! It arrives today, will keep you posted!

jlczl
Old
Thanks Meter 175
Wow. That's a pretty steep total cost of ownership especially considering the going rates for a wi-fi only Flyer. That's what I have.......tethered to my T-Mobile cellular account when I'm not around Wi-Fi.
Verizon HTC One "BB Blue"
Sony Xperia Z
Galaxy Note 2 running Jedi ROM
iPad Mini with Retina Display
Galaxy Note 10.1
Asus Nexus 7
Galaxy Nexus
Galaxy Tab 3 7.0
Nokia 520
HTC Flyer
iPad 2 16gb WiFi version

Verizon, AirVoice Wireless and T-Mobile Value

whudini3000
Old
(Last edited by whudini3000; 21st December 2011 at 05:51 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlczl View Post
Wow. That's a pretty steep total cost of ownership especially considering the going rates for a wi-fi only Flyer. That's what I have.......tethered to my T-Mobile cellular account when I'm not around Wi-Fi.
Tell me about it..... I really wanted the gsm version of the tablet as its for business & personal use. Sprints 4g really sucks in the fort worth area so that only left me two choices. Tether via mifi/tmobile or get the gsm version. I settled with the gsm for business purposes as I would need access to immediate emails. This bull crap the carriers put you through is crap, but it was either get the UK version for $500 w/o contract with edge speeds or $279 with a two year... Smh @ these games the carriers play.

gedster314
Old
Thanks Meter 110
Darn it, you had my hopes up till you mentioned it was on contract. I actually would love one that works on ATT so I can use my unlimited iPad sim but I don't want a contract and off contract pricing is insane. Wonder how the TMobile ATT roaming deal will work out for data.

For now I opted for the View deal that popped up. At least I can use the gps and pre cached maps until a deal on something better comes around.
The Following User Says Thank You to gedster314 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

whudini3000
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
As most would agree, the tablet is pure awesomeness! Cant believe how fast/smooth the build is... no need for that dual core. There are very few apps installed from tmobile and the 4g connection is solid. Next step: figure out if I can get this thing unlocked.