Thanks Meter 26
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Halifax, Nova Scotia
DONATE TO ME
Major Flash Issues
Originally Posted by avdaga
almost 2 hours after first try, still not able to even boot the rom...
- Initial flash from RC3 would hang on SAMSUNG GALAXY i9000 screen (no platypus)
- Odin'ed fixrecovery.tar -> only recovery after repartitioning...
- Reflashing rc4 scared the **** out of me as booting would only show a black screen (not even samsyng galaxy blabla anymore) but download worked
- Odin'ed darkyrom, then flashed rc4 -> same problem
- Reflashing RC3 would reboot into recovery. Only way to fix it was downloading an old darkyrom, then flashing RC3 immediately after
Repeated most steps in all possible orders, yes of course I wiped everything that is wipe-able, nothing worked.
Gonna restore my **** now and sleep, if it boots RC3 at least...
This is the exact same issue I am having. First time it's ever happened to me with any of these ICS Builds since this thread started. The ONLY way I am able to somewhat get around this problem is to flash RC4, once it boots to the initial "Galaxy S GT-I9000" screen it freezes there forever, the only way I have gotten it to go past is to flash the "fixrecovery.tar" and then "Factory Reset/Wipe Data" ONLY.
Once you reboot it should go past the initial Galaxy S screen, give you the Platypus Kernel screen finally, and proceed to the bootanimation. The bootanimation will take anywhere from 1-8 minutes but it should boot into RC4. I then skip through the setup screens because you are going to have to wipe again anyways.
Reboot normally and this time it will give you the "Android is Upgrading" screen after the bootanimation, let it finish and load into RC4 again.
Now I turn phone off, 3-button into recovery, do a full wipe data/cache/dalvik and flash my Modem. Reboot and all is good, this time I set all the option for the initial startup.
@PaulForde: So far though I can't get Calendar to stop FCing when it tries to sync or I try to open. Any ideas?
EDIT: Tried Fixing Permissions as well to get Calendar working, no dice.