Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,676 Members 51,367 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SIM Error / Network Unavailable, but I get voicemail notification. Confused

Tip us?

liquidburns
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by graemeg View Post
Sorry your still having this issue.

Ive googled and found nothing consistent apart from the obvious that already been mentioned.

Daft question i know but, are you absolutley 100% certain that this phone has not been blocked by your network via IMEI?

Sounds daft i know but people using phone / Tablets are reporting on consisten problems with networks and IMEI.

I would not attempt QDL anymore, if it didnt fix it the first time then that wont help your cause.

I think going back to ground zero is the place to sart, can you gain access to internal memory card, mine i can, i cut away the piece of plastic in the guide to allow easy access, i replaced the internal 2gig card with an 8gig class 10, just to note, the 2gig card was shot and was nothing more than a standard generic unbranded card, i do still have it sat around.

That would be my next step, wipe the phone, stick a diff card in and start again with STOCK 360 and matching recovery, i agree with the quote of avoiding gs, too damn buggy and problematic.

Let me know how youre getting on with it.
I ended up just liquidating the phone and cutting my losses. I dont think it was blocked from the network because I tried several SIM cards from different networks. For all I know it it could have been a bent SIM connection or something wacky. I am leaning towards the idea of it being hardware related but I gave it my best shot

tech4pk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Friends, I am also in the same state now. I bought the dell streak from one of our members, and it worked for few weeks. After that, I am getting that signal bar with X mark on it. I have tried all the options, but of no luck.
I spent almost my 6 months savings on this phone and it's really making me sleepless. Request your kind suggestions to address this.

anzhar
Old
Thanks Meter 2
hi

i had same problem about a month ago, i just kept restarting phoning, pulling battery out and i gave up, then after leaving it for a couple of hours it was working......

tech4pk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
^^ Thanks friend for your reply. I have been doing the same, doing the factory resetting and trying the various options. But, of no luck.
Any concrete solution for this problem? I appreciate all your inputs.

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
What I would suggest for all of you is to go back to Froyo by flashing stock Dell update packages for your respective regions and see if you regain signal

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk 2

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Samsung Galaxy S IV i9505 - Omega ROM v30 NE5
Ktoonsez Kernel

tech4pk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
^ Thanks for the suggestion. I did that try that, but didn't work

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4pk View Post
^ Thanks for the suggestion. I did that try that, but didn't work
If you flashed a stock Froyo ROM for YOUR SPECIFIC region, did a factory reset and still can't get a signal then your problem is hardware related...

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Ktoonsez Kernel

tech4pk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
^^ Yeah, that's my big worry!! It seems to be a hardware related. I got this phone from one of the our members, and it has already having some hw issues like the buttons are gone inside, right side bezel is very loose, and all (unfortunately, the seller has not mentioned all these issues in his post)
Can the dell warranty applies internationally?

cdzo72
Old
Thanks Meter 764

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by tech4pk View Post
^^ Yeah, that's my big worry!! It seems to be a hardware related. I got this phone from one of the our members, and it has already having some hw issues like the buttons are gone inside, right side bezel is very loose, and all (unfortunately, the seller has not mentioned all these issues in his post)
Can the dell warranty applies internationally?
It applies only in the country it was purchased if it hasn't expired and with a valod letter of release from the original owner

HP TouchPad 32gb
Unofficial CM11

Ktoonsez Kernel

tech4pk
Old
Thanks Meter 1
^^ yeah, checked my local dell service guys and they are not supporting this. I think that this is now turning into an expensive brick!