Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,957 Members 53,956 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Modify build.prop to look like a Nexus S or Droid 3 for more market access

Tip us?

rjin9673
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by camapghe View Post
K' brotha. Just need your help to test if Tintin and GTA3 work well on CM7 Alpha Final or not. My NT does not arrive yet.
Unfortunately I do not own those and don't plan on purchasing them. Sorry!

cliffmidnite
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by camapghe View Post
K' brotha. Just need your help to test if Tintin and GTA3 work well on CM7 Alpha Final or not. My NT does not arrive yet.
I have gta3 and it runs great on cm7 alpha final with the stock cm7 alpha final build.prop. i didnt have to do any spoofs. I also have shadowgun, nova 2, modern combat 3, brothers in arms 2, real soccer 2012, and they all download and run without any mods to build.prop on cm7 alpha final. I dont have tintin though, but it shows up in market. I just dont want to spend 7 bucks till i beat my other games unkess it goes on sale

sent from my Nook Tablet 16GB Cyanogenmod alpha

jhall1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have tried spoofing my nook tablet to show up as a droid 3, but when I go to the market it is now showing my device is an Unknown Unknown. I thought that I might have had a typo when modifying the build.prop file but I copied and pasted everything so I'm not sure what the issue is, any ideas?

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhall1990 View Post
I have tried spoofing my nook tablet to show up as a droid 3, but when I go to the market it is now showing my device is an Unknown Unknown. I thought that I might have had a typo when modifying the build.prop file but I copied and pasted everything so I'm not sure what the issue is, any ideas?
Hmmm, it's still possible that you made an error. Go through each line manually that needed changed and verify that they read exactly as they should. Then reboot and check the market.

jhall1990
Old
(Last edited by jhall1990; 14th March 2012 at 11:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solar.Plexus View Post
Hmmm, it's still possible that you made an error. Go through each line manually that needed changed and verify that they read exactly as they should. Then reboot and check the market.
I am sure that I copied it right because I copied the build.prop file to my computer and edited it from there copy and pasting the lines from the initial post.

Edit: I tried putting the origonal file back and now I cannot get it back to saying Nook tablet. It looks like something else is wrong but im not sure what.

myl0h
Old
Thanks Meter 12
I have a friend running the nook&zergy root. I've been trying to modify my friends nook tablet build.Prop to mimic the droid 3 and the nexus s. Despite seeing more apps on there market, when I try to download the apps it says my device is incompatible. I tried modifying the lcd density within the build.Prop file. Tried shortening the lcd density to one line. Still to no avail. Has anyone else been successful with their tablets running the nook&zergy, snowball or brianf21's rooting method?

Just in case, the app in question is "drawing something free".

thanks

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Are you trying to download from them from a browser? All apps are visible to your device on the android website, whether they're compatible or not.

myl0h
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Tried from Google Play, says its incompatible. When I went through the browser, it displayed the device as Nexus S or Droid 3 (i tried both of the build.prop) but it was grey out and said it was not compatible.

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
It might just be incompatible with both of those build.props then. I can't confirm that though because I'm not on the stock ROM currently.

jhall1990
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am still unable to get my nook to say that it is a nook tablet or anything else for that matter. If I copy the build.prop from my droid3 would it work?