[GUIDE] Quick install firefirefire + twrp20. Important update!

Search This thread

riverzhou

Dec 2, 2006
Shanghai
It appears via @agrabren on twitter just changed to a new build. download the new one at
http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/79

you have to use fastboot -i 0x1949 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

this custom image installs FIREFIREFIRE u-boot and TWRP 2.0

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

If you flash the latest .img file using this method it will completely screw things up. The latest image installs FIREFIREFIRE u-boot as well as TWRP.

Please be kind enough to remove this thread as it could render Kindle Fires useless. You cannot flash the current twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img via the following. It will make your devices stick at the Kindle Fire screen.

This wont work with the new image:

Code:
dd if=/sdcard/twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p5
dd if=/sdcard/u-boot.bin of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p2

You NEED fastboot and you need to run the following with the new image from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/79:

Code:
fastboot -i 0x1949 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

---------------------------------------------------------------------
BUT, if you still do no wanna use fastboot and wanna use dd to flash, you can download my attachments in this post and use the follow method.

It's the old version twrp2.0 that can be used dd to flash.

Unpack rar file,
get u-boot.bin and twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

adb push u-boot.bin /sdcard/
adb push twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img /sdcard/

adb shell
su

Ctrl+C (quit adb shell)

adb reboot

That's all.
They're holy perfect.

Attachments

• river.part1.rar
    6 MB · Views: 516
  • river.part2.rar
    4.5 MB · Views: 471
Last edited:

pyrostic

Jun 23, 2010
Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
Thanks for this. One question you might be able to help with. After doing the original method, and then doing this, my fire will only boot into recovery. I'm guessing something to do with 'idme bootmode 0x5001'. Is there and idme command to have the fire boot to the OS as opposed to recovery? Thanks!

Yea once in recover open up adb shell window and do "idme bootmode 4000" then "reboot" don't press anything and you'll boot to your rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Unheard

Mar 25, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Yea once in recover open up adb shell window and do "idme bootmode 4000" then "reboot" don't press anything and you'll boot to your rom.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Ya figured it out shortly after typing the question. Thanks for the reply.

EDIT: If you choose Recovery in the reboot menu of CM7, it will reboot you to Recovery. Problem is you have to idme 4000 to get it to reboot to your OS after doing that.

Last edited:

drExel

Feb 4, 2007
Bronx, Ny
Unpack firefirefire, get u-boot.bin
Get twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img from office site

adb shell
su

Ctrl+D (quit adb shell)

adb reboot

That's all.
They're holy perfect.

Coming from a rooted Stock 1.0 ROM, this worked perfectly with no problems. Launched TWRP and did an immediate backup of /boot /data and /system to retain that stock feel in case of a need to RESTORE.

Thanks for this quickie!

pyrostic

Jun 23, 2010
Chicago - Northwest Suburbs
I followed the guide but when it booted up it is stuck at the firefirefire screen. I have not been able to boot into recovery or into android, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Edit: Also adb is not detecting device.

It appears via @agrabren on twitter just changed to a new build. download the new one at

---------- Post added at 09:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

If you flash the latest .img file using this method it will completely screw things up. The latest image installs FIREFIREFIRE u-boot as well as TWRP.

Please be kind enough to remove this thread as it could render Kindle Fires useless. You cannot flash the current twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img via the following. It will make your devices stick at the Kindle Fire screen.

Code:

You NEED fastboot and you need to run the following with the new image from http://teamw.in/project/twrp2/79:

Code:

Last edited:
Reactions: asatnik11

Houndog101

Feb 16, 2011
Fallston, Md.
I followed the guide but when it booted up it is stuck at the firefirefire screen. I have not been able to boot into recovery or into android, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have the same problem, I used the new build and the "fastboot -i 0x1949 boot twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img" command. All went well, got the TEAMWIN screen and pushed the reboot button, rebooted to the triangle fire screen with "press power button for recovery" at the bottom. I press power and nothing, if I hold for 20 sec.s it powers off but on reboot, back to the same triangle screen.. What is wrong.. Thanks..:confused:

foxdog66

Jul 28, 2010
To load twrp, at triangle seen, press power button a bunch until the light turns orange, then it will reboot into twrp

rwphwp

Feb 10, 2008
Something is up with this install method of the twrp img (which includes firefirefire). It leaves the device at the yellow triangle and (in windows at least) you lose adb and fastboot (in fact, in windows the device is no longer recognized and you cannot install the modded driver). I'm thinking the factory cable might be an option to force it into fastboot. Any thoughts on that?

fleton

Feb 5, 2011
Something is up with this install method of the twrp img (which includes firefirefire). It leaves the device at the yellow triangle and (in windows at least) you lose adb and fastboot (in fact, in windows the device is no longer recognized and you cannot install the modded driver). I'm thinking the factory cable might be an option to force it into fastboot. Any thoughts on that?

I had same issue. I followed the instructions on this link http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=20421225&postcount=222 which fixed it.

tannerzion

Aug 4, 2011
Well, in following OP's instruction's I bricked my Kindle(I followed them verbatim, so it must have been something I did on my Kindle).

Brian's post helped unbrick it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Code:

Code:

BUT, if you still do no wanna use fastboot and wanna use dd to flash, you can download my attachments in this post and use the follow method.

It's the old version twrp2.0 that can be used dd to flash.

Unpack rar file,
    get u-boot.bin and twrp-blaze-2.0.0RC0.img

adb shell
    su

Ctrl+C (quit adb shell)

adb reboot

That's all.
    They're holy perfect.

Code:

Code: