No registration required

[CM7] Neutrino ROM V2.9 V3.00b1 [24/02]

OP Notorious544d

20th April 2012, 11:09 PM   |  #6801  
Thanks Meter: 328

947 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCKitsune

Since I'm using EE, can I use the kernel for GT+?

Yes.
20th April 2012, 11:32 PM   |  #6802  
Flag Stamford
Thanks Meter: 534

1,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
I was wondering does auto back light work correctly or it doesnt work because custom light Levels keep FCing. and if it does work how can i change the values manually if every time i click on Edit Levels it FC's? What program would i use and what values would i change and where are they located?
20th April 2012, 11:54 PM   |  #6803  
Flag Victoria
Thanks Meter: 616

653 posts
More
Hey guys, i'm just wondering what radio everyone's using with this rom and you average speeds, up and down.

I haven't been able to find a good balance with radio and kernel.

My up and down speeds are that of Edge. Just very very slow speeds... =(

Thanks guys
21st April 2012, 01:08 AM   |  #6804  
Thanks Meter: 22

47 posts
battery life issues may be the battery's fault
this may be a dumb/obvious thing to say but i'm gonna leave this right here....

your battery life may not be your phone's fault. if your battery isn't holding as much charge as it used to, it's gonna get depleted fast. so before blaming the software, do yourself a favor and get a few more batteries off ebay (they are cheap as hell).

i was having battery trouble and despite calibrating this thing and trying to hunt down the problem, the truth is it wasnt holding charge. as soon as i used a new battery the difference was night and day - the new one lasted 2-3 times longer with no change to the software, and confirmed by going back and forth between the two batteries.

just something you might wanna think about :)
The Following User Says Thank You to garbageguy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 01:32 AM   |  #6805  
Flag Anywhere and Everywhere
Thanks Meter: 254

1,564 posts
More
Can anyone tell us the difference between this Rom and Dark Side, link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1222108?

I have DarkSide running on a family members phone and I would appreciate the feedback
21st April 2012, 02:16 AM   |  #6806  
Flag Stamford
Thanks Meter: 534

1,293 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by legend221

Can anyone tell us the difference between this Rom and Dark Side, link here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1222108?

I have DarkSide running on a family members phone and I would appreciate the feedback

Well the BIG difference this ROM doesnt have a webtop but u can use LS Mirroring so its not so bad. Other then that this ROM is blazing fast, awesome battery life, no unneeded apps from Moto or google and other bloatware.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ilkinansr92 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 02:29 AM   |  #6807  
Thanks Meter: 30

153 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkinansr92

I was wondering does auto back light work correctly or it doesnt work because custom light Levels keep FCing. and if it does work how can i change the values manually if every time i click on Edit Levels it FC's? What program would i use and what values would i change and where are they located?

I am having the exact same problem. Glad to know it isn't just me. Someone else posted that editing levels was working fine for them though.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA
21st April 2012, 08:38 AM   |  #6808  
hellow dev...

update-cm-7-20120420-NIGHTLY-olympus-signed.zip is coming....
mod it...hehheheehe...
The Following User Says Thank You to ghaf85 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st April 2012, 09:27 AM   |  #6809  
Flag X-3043
Thanks Meter: 3,379

8,767 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by garbageguy

so before blaming the software, do yourself a favor and get a few more batteries off ebay (they are cheap as hell).

You know... there's a reason those batteries are under, say, $10 .

OEM batteries (original ones, such as those from Motorola itself - just pointing that out) are claimed to hold ~95% of the stated capacity, while 3rd party ones (cheap, 10x bigger batteries) hold up to 60% in some cases...

I had my own two experiences with such 3rd party batteries . 1900 mAh one couldn't charge my HTC Desire's 1400 mAh battery not even half; 2600 mAh one couldn't charge the same phone not even 60%...

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadwv2210

I am having the exact same problem. Glad to know it isn't just me. Someone else posted that editing levels was working fine for them though.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Yeah, that was ME. That is no longer the case, though, I get a Force Close when trying to enter "Edit other levels", just like everyone else, now... It was working fine when I updated from V2.6 to V2.7 beta, though. Now, on a clean V2.7 GT+ install, it no longer works.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghaf85

hellow dev...

update-cm-7-20120420-NIGHTLY-olympus-signed.zip is coming....
mod it...hehheheehe...

That'd be nice .

Nightlies are gonna start to come up faster, since Cyanogen purchased some pretty badass servers... It's on their blog.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by legend221

Well... DarkSide seems to be a MotoBlur ROM, themed to the max. Have a look at the changelogs / what the devs say in the first 1-5 posts...

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Roc

Hey guys, i'm just wondering what radio everyone's using with this rom and you average speeds, up and down.

I haven't been able to find a good balance with radio and kernel.

My up and down speeds are that of Edge. Just very very slow speeds... =(

Thanks guys

I can't really help you, since I'm not using the same branch of radios as you do. But I am having the same problem, with two radios : can't figure which is better... and can't get anyone else to tell me ! FFS !

---------- Post added at 10:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by balintmaci

does the twrp recovery work for you with 2.7?

Yes, it does. And by the way, TWRP has worked with ANY ROM I've tried to install so far. MIUIv4, two CM9 ROMs, Neutrino, NottachTrix...

The Recovery has NOTHING to do with the ROM. Everything that is CWM flashable can be flashed with TWRP (that includes Radios and Kernels) .

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious544d

Use Faux123's 023 kernels (not latest).

Why not the latest? I'm using the latest CM7 1.45 GHz from faux's thread and it works fine :-?
21st April 2012, 09:32 AM   |  #6810  
Flag Yigo, Guam
Thanks Meter: 157

788 posts
More
Quote:

i only need it desperately because i just make amazing drawings sometimes, like a pikachu 2 days ago. piece of art i just want to show off with them.
anyway in the latest update the iphone users got save and share options, maybe we'll get it in the next update

Hopefully we'll get that update. But yeah, try screenshotEr's shake to shoot feature, I haven't tried it myself, but theoretically it should work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formhault

If anyone here is playing Pocket Legends, Star Legends or Dark Legends, could you try this for me, PLEASE?

You know, when you're in-game, in a dungeon, or whatever it's called... Use the joystick to move around, and while you have your finger on the joystick, try touching one of the capacitive keys... Tell me what the outcome is, PLEASE.

If I hold my finger on the joystick (to move around) and I touch one of the capacitive keys, my character makes a sudden shift in that direction, for like half of an inch (like a glitch or something). The capacitive keys would, otherwise, vibrate, and when pressing the MENU button, the Menu of the game would pop up - that DOES happen, as long as I don't have another finger on the display, lol.

-----

This wasn't happening on V2.6... I just noticed it now :/

---------- Post added at 09:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:35 PM ----------

Nice work with those icons!

But... would you be kind enough to make a version with the icons slightly smaller, and WHITE? I mean... just like with Notorious's theme or xploited's... White when activated, gray when inactive... It's just too much blue, lol.

Also, the battery meter... In some other ROMs (especially Sense ones), when you're charging the phone, the battery icon charges all the way up until it fills, then displays the percentage for one second, then the charging animation resumes, and again, when it fills up, it displays the percentage for one second, and so on... Do you think this is doable? This is also for xploited. What do you think, guys?

You should also make the app with another name, so we could have both xploited's theme AND yours, installed .

Also, if you find yourself good with this stuff, make the clock centered.

I'm not pushing anything, just making some suggestions
Alright, I'm pushing things...

You're so pushy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCKitsune

I'm using EE.

I love the smoothness of the ROM (hence the donation), but sometimes when I try to make a call the phone just freezes.

That was a known issue in previous builds, the trick was to wait a couple seconds before putting the phone to your ear. Let me know.

Quote:

never happened to me
did you do a clean installation? well not like it would matter package formats system by default
try wiping data maybe
i guess then you haven't changed the kernel yet so you're on EE kernel, then you can't undervolt so i have no idea:/

afaik version (like EE GT GT+) only differs in kernel so you can swap as you like

You are correct, the only difference is kernel versions, unless you change things yourself prior to flashing like I do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilkinansr92

Auto backlighting kinda works, but the settings for "edit levels" fcing, is a known issue.

Quote:

You know... there's a reason those batteries are under, say, $10 .

OEM batteries (original ones, such as those from Motorola itself - just pointing that out) are claimed to hold ~95% of the stated capacity, while 3rd party ones (cheap, 10x bigger batteries) hold up to 60% in some cases...

I had my own two experiences with such 3rd party batteries . 1900 mAh one couldn't charge my HTC Desire's 1400 mAh battery not even half; 2600 mAh one couldn't charge the same phone not even 60%...

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

Yeah, that was ME. That is no longer the case, though, I get a Force Close when trying to enter "Edit other levels", just like everyone else, now... It was working fine when I updated from V2.6 to V2.7 beta, though. Now, on a clean V2.7 GT+ install, it no longer works.

---------- Post added at 10:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 AM ----------

That'd be nice .

Nightlies are gonna start to come up faster, since Cyanogen purchased some pretty badass servers... It's on their blog.

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 AM ----------

Well... DarkSide seems to be a MotoBlur ROM, themed to the max. Have a look at the changelogs / what the devs say in the first 1-5 posts...

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

I can't really help you, since I'm not using the same branch of radios as you do. But I am having the same problem, with two radios : can't figure which is better... and can't get anyone else to tell me ! FFS !

To be honest, I never get anything 3rd party, not unless I see at least 50 positive reviews, and even then I have to go through and look for negative reviews before I purchase, that way I know both the pros and the cons of whatever I'm looking at.

As far as the radios goes, I say just find the one that works best overall (wifi/2G/3G/GPS) and stick with that.

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:29 PM ----------

Quote:

Yes, it does. And by the way, TWRP has worked with ANY ROM I've tried to install so far. MIUIv4, two CM9 ROMs, Neutrino, NottachTrix...

The Recovery has NOTHING to do with the ROM. Everything that is CWM flashable can be flashed with TWRP (that includes Radios and Kernels) .

---------- Post added at 10:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 AM ----------

Why not the latest? I'm using the latest CM7 1.45 GHz from faux's thread and it works fine :-?

All I'm going to say is what I always say, stranger things have happened, if you run into problems flashing the ROM using TWRP, and reflashing with a clean flash doesn't work, try switching back to the romracer's recovery and see if that helps. Please, let's not get into an argument over recoveries again. I'm just giving a little tip.

024r2? I'm using that as well, no problems here.

btw, what's FFS?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, neutrino, rom
Previous Thread Next Thread