Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,214 Members 43,492 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[CM7] Neutrino ROM V2.9 ¦ V3.00b1 [24/02]

Tip us?

Enkidu1978
Old
(Last edited by Enkidu1978; 30th May 2012 at 12:11 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious544d View Post
Tbh, I don't understand this deep sleep issue. So what if the frequency ramps up to 312-456mhz randomly while sleeping? There are many background processes running and obviously the frequency has to scale up.

This would have been an issue if battery life while idling was poor. But in this case, it's not, rather it idles very well.

I think it's one of those things where you feel 'uncomfortable' because of the sudden increase in frequency. It could ironically be the case that CPU Spy itself ramps up the frequency in order to check if it's deep sleeping. It is because of this reason that after monitoring battery life and optimizing my phone for it (after deleting battery hogging apps and monitoring battery life until there are no rogue apps), I delete all apps like CPU spy, Battery monitor widget, betterbatterystats etc. just to ensure that my battery is used efficiently.

So don't worry about it If it does bother you, you'll have to experiment with rogue apps.

I understand what your saying, but when the phone is deep sleeping it lasts much longer than when it gets stuck not deep sleeping. I have tried ending all the running apps, turning the screen off and leaving it for 10 mins but the deep sleep still does not register as a used CPU state until a restart. I wanted to run CPU spy since the original deep sleep problems to make sure it had been fixed.

Like I have said currently its deep sleeping since my restart earlier today. This issue only happened since 2.7.

Are there some things I can do to see whats going on??

Chairsofter1138
Old
(Last edited by Chairsofter1138; 30th May 2012 at 01:41 AM.)
Thanks Meter 2
EDIT: Nevermind; just a stupid mistake on my part.

Hey everybody. I just flashed 2.8 EE after being on 2.6 EE for a while and pretty much everything works great, but somewhere along the way my APN list got nuked. Now I only have the "ATT" ("wap.cingular") and "StraightTalk ATT" ("att.mvno") APN's. Just after flashing, neither of these were selected which made it impossible to get data, but I'm now able to get data over the AT&T/ Cingular APN. The trouble is that my data speeds seem much slower than they were before on the "ATT HSDPA" APN. The service around my house may not be the best, but I'm only getting like .5Mbps down, and strangely, .7Mbps up. For me, those near EDGE-like speeds are a substantial decrease, adequate service or not.

I followed all the wiping procedures (fastboot, user data, cache, Dalvik), as usual, and the only mods that I've installed are the ringtone and GPS ones, though I haven't gotten to activating the GPS mod since I ran into this issue.

I recall that this was an issue with some earlier versions of the ROM, but I can't see why this problem would randomly pop up after it was seemingly fixed. Any potential solutions would be really appreciated.

madcom8888
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Default Google Maps?

Thanks! Corrected that issue.

I'm just impressed by the speed and battery efficiendy with this ROM! I had Aura 1.2.2.2 before, i thought that without the Blur it would improve, but that was not the case by much.

Another question, if i may ask: How do i install Google Maps? (It doesn' t appear in Google Play, and it doesn' t apear in the gapps as add on of NeutrinoROM)

1chris89
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcom8888 View Post
Thanks! Corrected that issue.

I'm just impressed by the speed and battery efficiendy with this ROM! I had Aura 1.2.2.2 before, i thought that without the Blur it would improve, but that was not the case by much.

Another question, if i may ask: How do i install Google Maps? (It doesn' t appear in Google Play, and it doesn' t apear in the gapps as add on of NeutrinoROM)
Download this file...

gapps-gb-20110828-signed.zip

It's the full Google apps with all that extra stuff. You must of flashed gapps lite.
HTC FIRST
1.4Ghz Dual Core, Now at 1.728Ghz custom kernel is sick

STAR N9588 - 5.7"
RIP - Wont charge

ATRIX
RIP
Faux123 1.3Ghz
http://www.mediafire.com/?8nedpwe3p5t98gw
Ultimate CWM Radio Collection!
http://www.mediafire.com/?j8bg26920h0b4aq
Neut v2.6 mod build from mrom
http://www.mediafire.com/?ukn4r1j54j6s4a0
NEUTRINO V2.6 EE
http://www.mediafire.com/?2wxsefn0m4i6blj

GALAXY NOTE II - USA AT&T
RIP

madcom8888
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks! Downloading...

There are a few of those gapps files that says " tegra" on the name. Wouldn' t those would work better on the Atrix?

1chris89
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by madcom8888 View Post
Thanks! Downloading...

There are a few of those gapps files that says " tegra" on the name. Wouldn' t those would work better on the Atrix?
Nope, stick to the one I mentioned.
HTC FIRST
1.4Ghz Dual Core, Now at 1.728Ghz custom kernel is sick

STAR N9588 - 5.7"
RIP - Wont charge

ATRIX
RIP
Faux123 1.3Ghz
http://www.mediafire.com/?8nedpwe3p5t98gw
Ultimate CWM Radio Collection!
http://www.mediafire.com/?j8bg26920h0b4aq
Neut v2.6 mod build from mrom
http://www.mediafire.com/?ukn4r1j54j6s4a0
NEUTRINO V2.6 EE
http://www.mediafire.com/?2wxsefn0m4i6blj

GALAXY NOTE II - USA AT&T
RIP

xhazk
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Okay so I thought I fixed my "stuck setting" issue but was wrong.

Changing background data doesn't work until I reset the phone. It sticks on or off.

Not sure if other settings are affected at this time. Did have this same "stuck settings" issue on previous Neutrino roms.

Any resolution I've missed in this thread?

Atrix 4G on Cyanogenmod (various)

ashad0509
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by xUmaRix View Post
I just flashed v2.8 on v2.7 without wiping data.I only wipe /cache and dalvik-cache.Everything run smoothly but now suddenly when i left my phone in sleep and i turn it on again there are no signal (Emergency Calls Only).I need to reboot in order to make or receive the call.I already try to clean the sim card or even change the sim card but the problem still there.When i check dmesg out put it seems like there is a problem related to mdm6600-modem or mdm_ctrl_resume.
This happened to me a few times today...I don't think about my service because its full and working just fine. Wondering why my buddy never texted me back, I checked the phone and it showed full bars but emergency Calls only.

Sent from my MB860 using XDA

Motorola Atrix 4G (Neutrino v2.8 EE BETA)

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enkidu1978 View Post
Now leave it on for a couple of days and check it then...

---------- Post added at 09:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 PM ----------

I don't think people are checking for the deep sleep issue properly, its intermittent mine is currently deep sleeping, by this time tomorrow though I bet I will have to restart at least once.
i used to check battery graph multiple times a day with my classmate, we compared them. and i never had deep sleep issues. wipe data and dont install ****ty apps

balintmaci
Old
Thanks Meter 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chris89 View Post
I wonder if there's a command to stop scanning after say 10-15 seconds?

So far I can't really tell a difference in battery life.
for me it always connects immediately when the wifi network is in range while i turn it on. the only issue is that whn it is on and i walk in range sometimes it takes a minute to connect.... and on ics it is also immediate so shouldnt really effect battery life

Tags
cm7, cyanogenmod, gingerbread, neutrino, rom