5,600,335 Members 35,136 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Faster 4G = being throttled quicker!

Tip us?

unlvmike
Old
Thanks Meter 100
Faster speeds does not mean You will reach the data cap faster. It just mean you will download things faster. If a video is 200MB you will download it faster on 4G ,it doesn't mean you will use more data faster. You are downloading sizes not speeds so that is false. Streaming Netflix,everyone 30 minutes is about the equivalent of about 500MB so its going to go by fast.

There is enough hate in the world. Why can't we all get along here ...?

hunterjay7
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Biz View Post
That's cool if you "worked" there. But your knowledge is incorrect. There's no way a rep or supervisor can reset data. They can add to it if you change your data plan to a higher cap, but they can't reset it. And if you do go up and change back before the month is up, you drop back to your old cap and remain at the same usage.

I know this for a fact. Trust me.

覧覧覧覧覧

Deebo took your bike too?
Alright - well, try it. No harm in trying. Tell me what happens.
If I helped you out give me thanks otherwise you're racist bro!
The_Biz Old
Thanks Meter
Quote:
Originally Posted by hunterjay7 View Post
Alright - well, try it. No harm in trying. Tell me what happens.
Waste your time and try it. I know it won't. What I stated is exactly what will happen. This is fact.

/end

覧覧覧覧覧

infinityhombre
Old
(Last edited by infinityhombre; 19th December 2011 at 06:31 AM.)
Thanks Meter 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Biz View Post
Waste your time and try it. I know it won't. What I stated is exactly what will happen. This is fact.

/end

覧覧覧覧覧

Actually hes correct switching to a bb data plan will reset your data counter. A number change results in the counter resetting as well. Sometimes when you change a number you even end up being eligible for an upgrade. Its a bug in the system. I've seen reps do it a number of times.

And while Sprint won't slow you down WiMax is slow to start with at least in the Cleveland/Columbus metro areas.
Current Devices: Nexus 7 | Nexus 10 | HOS | GS3 T-Mobile US | Note 2 T-Mobile US | LG P769
Axiom S Team

hunterjay7
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by infinityhombre View Post
Actually hes correct switching to a bb data plan will reset your data counter. A number change results in the counter resetting as well. Sometimes when you change a number you even end up being eligible for an upgrade. Its a bug in the system. I've seen reps do it a number of times.

And while Sprint won't slow you down WiMax is slow to start with at least in the Cleveland/Columbus metro areas.
indeed. Did it a few times in situations where a phone was malfunctioning with sync, and pulling MASS amounts of data.

** Also - for somebody who doesn't actually have his information correct, why would you discourage someone from trying a harmless way to reset their bandwidth? That just seems very negative.

chevyirox
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 2
What speeds do you get when throttled? I'm currently wit Verizon

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

hunterjay7
Old
Thanks Meter 46
Basically 2g speeds, I believe max is 50kbps
The Following User Says Thank You to hunterjay7 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

spjuggalojoe
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I had unlimited from tmo before there was a cap but they found a loophole to sneak it in, or just straight breeched like they did my roaming 3 yrs ago. Anyways I started breaking 5gb within a few days streaming audio on Google music, playing on YouTube, well basically syncing my entire Google account. Picture sync on phone alone was one gig. There might have also been some tethered torrent traffic in there, as well as the computers syncing and tor exit traffic. Since tmo wouldn't fix it, I served a website from an Ubuntu loop on my phone and setup dyndns to follow it. They shut me down quickly. The solution: I started using their $70 prepaid unlimited which, to date, hasn't been throttled. (And is cheaper than contract plan)

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App running on Andromadus' ICS AOSP build
Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.
-- Frank Zappa

teh_lorax
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Uhhh...

You get what you pay for. Don't like being throttled? Then pay more and move to Sprint. TMobile throttling you after you reached your cap isn't BS, its what you've PAID for.

jessejames111981
Old
Thanks Meter 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by teh_lorax View Post
Uhhh...

You get what you pay for. Don't like being throttled? Then pay more and move to Sprint. TMobile throttling you after you reached your cap isn't BS, its what you've PAID for.
unlimited voice + 10gb of non throttled on tmo = 119.99 a month (which op has)

Simply Everything unlimited plan on sprint = 99.99 a month

your post, fail
----------------------------------------------
Phone - Samsung Galaxy SII T989 (T-Mobile)
Kernel -Bullet v2.9b [Team Kang]
Rom - Juggernaut v4.1 [Vultures Edition][Team Kang]

The Following User Says Thank You to jessejames111981 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]