[SCRIPTS] The making of ... an ODIN installable package [2011-12-21]
Based on the instructions broodplank posted in the Cranium thread (here
), I created some scripts to automate the entire process. Not sure whether you find it useful, but here it is.
If you want to do it directly on your device with an cwm-installable zip, please go to this topic:
The making of ... an ODIN installable package with CWM
It will create a zipped version of the md5-tar file of the package compatible with Odin.
1. Build your ROM using packages in the forum. Add new apps, change battery, etc., etc. till your satisfied. Make sure not to add sensitive data (user credentials etc)
2. Download a base-ROM like XXKPS and put the following files in the BaseRom folder:
3. Boot your device
4. Make sure you have BusyBox installed
5. Connect your device with USB, make sure your sdcard is not mounted on the PC
6. Make sure you have enough space on the internal sdcard; at least 1,84 GB:
system.img.ext4 = 532 MB
tar file = 644 MB
base rom = 100 MB
md5 file = 644 MB
(it would be possible to delete tar file, but I perfer to be safe than sorry)
7. Start BuildOdin.cmd
Thanks to broodplank1337 I now also created some scripts to do it through Cygwin. After rethinking this I could have done it easier by invoking the cygwin commands directly, but for now I am doing it through the shell
. See attached.
Downloads... see next post