Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,360 Members 53,879 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MIUI][21 Jan 12] Mini Mi 2.01.20

Tip us?

Bigt2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by erichung_13 View Post
Hey BigT, congratulations on the new rom, hopefully my new DD for the MIUI range just a query though,

you said that genie widget is added for lockscreen weather? how can I get lockscreen weather? :S
Here, they started weather on the new lockscreens mid Nov. There's some in the online theme chooser app as well.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1288096&page=8
Phone: Sprint LG G2
ROM: Stock Rooted 4.2.2

Tablet: Samsung Note 10.1
ROM: OmniROM 4.4

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Ninja Bunny.
(")_(")
Copy and paste Bunny into your
signature to help him gain world domination

Google+

mindstormmaster1
Old
Thanks Meter 18
I did a full wipe and I can confirm root does NOT work. I dont really need it so Im going to stick with it till you find a patch. Also I backed up with MIUI Backup and restored from 12.02 rom and everything it working like I never left other then root so thanks for the great rom!
Current Devices:

HTC Inspire 4G: Exitz ICS, Kindle Fire: (AOKP), Kobo Touch, Cr-48: (W7)

Past Devices:

G1: BiffMOD 2.1 HD2: TyphooN V3.6 Hero: CM7 Nightly Vibrant: CM7 Nightly HD7: WP7 iPhone 4: iOS G2: CM7.2 Nightly TouchPad: WebOS, CM7, CM9

Bigt2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
I updated the OP with a patch. I'll take a closer look at it tomorrow after work. I'm still learning.

(\__/)
(")_(")

Google+

magus57
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Sorry if this is answered somewhere (couldn't find much when I asked/searched relatively recently), but does this MIUI version (or any for that matter) fully support the G2 keyboard - as in, the ".com/www." button works instead of displaying the square?

Bigt2003
Old
(Last edited by Bigt2003; 19th December 2011 at 03:57 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by magus57 View Post
Sorry if this is answered somewhere (couldn't find much when I asked/searched relatively recently), but does this MIUI version (or any for that matter) fully support the G2 keyboard - as in, the ".com/www." button works instead of displaying the square?
Nope, no MIUI version does because very few phones have physical keyboards. All attention goes to soft IME's. But you can look here. You'll have to use a hex editor to make your own keymap, but everything you need is on his github.

(\__/)
(")_(")

Google+

astriaos
Old
(Last edited by astriaos; 19th December 2011 at 04:33 AM.)
Thanks Meter 38
Hey man I have a few questions.

Quote:
Removed apk's, themes, media, and fonts I didn't use
Can you be more specific about what apks you pulled, what themes you pulled (since there is only one theme that comes with MIUI I don't see what could be slimmed down), and the fonts you got rid of? MIUI is already pretty barebones in terms of system overhead and package size so I'm curious as to how your design philosophy works.

Quote:
Added memory management, sdcard, zipalign, and ILWT fixes scripts
Could you also go into some more detail as to what this means and how each script works? I'm not really much of a dev, I just benefit from the effort of others but I do love my documentation, especially before I flash a new rom.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit: Hey as a bit of an aside, for permission controls I always suggest LBE Security Control. It's very effective at not breaking roms yet helping your sense of security. It's free on the market so you could theoretically pre package it in your rom. I usually suggest it since most baked in permission control is often fundamentally broken.
This signature has been edited by direct order of Senior Moderator Broncogr under threat of immediate and summary punishment for being unkind, if previously true. This signature is now an inaccurate statement, but conforms to Kindness Standards set by the United Nations.

"I am a nice person who will coddle you and will answer your inane questions in calm, steady, and understanding tone."
The Following User Says Thank You to astriaos For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bigt2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Sure. MiTalk, MiuiStats, and a couple others I can't remember off hand. I removed the Arabic, Thai, and Hebrew fonts, the some of the ringtones and pictures I hated, TTS info for Italian, French, and German, the extra lockscreens in the media folder, and added a smaller bootanimation. I'm going to try to slim it down a little more next week too. I'll make a list.

As for the scripts, in the system/etc/init.d folder there's the SDcard fix which changes the read ahead cache, zipalign which verifies all apks are zipaligned at boot, ramscript which tunes the memory manager, and ilwt-fixes that fixes Flash in the browser.

Sent from my VAX running UNIX.

(\__/)
(")_(")

Google+

tun4f1sh
Old
Thanks Meter 707
Glad you picked this up T. Let me know if I can be of any use to you!
T-Mobile G2 (HTC Vision)
ROM: Whatever matches my outfit on a particular day
ROM(s): G-Lite, Bulletproof MIUI, Virtuous2.0

There is no "A" in kernel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tun4f1sh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bigt2003
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by tun4f1sh View Post
Glad you picked this up T. Let me know if I can be of any use to you!
Thanks. You've been a great help already. I'm just doing this so I have something to flash your pack on.

Sent from my VAX running UNIX.

(\__/)
(")_(")

Google+
The Following User Says Thank You to Bigt2003 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

lempiainen
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Great that you got your project going on, kinda similar what I was about to do to learn how to make my 'own' ROM. I guess you don't mind if I snoop around a bit and see what you did? Anyway this is going to my new daily driver. Thanks Bigt!

The Following User Says Thank You to lempiainen For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Tags
miui lightweight