Hey guys! I'll keep updating this thread with the lastest news from developer kbzona, responsible for making this port for our beloved P500. Team Win Recovery Project 2.0, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. We started from the ground up by taking AOSP recovery and loading it with the standard recovery options, then added a lot of our own features. It’s a fully touch driven user interface – no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.
- Ability to save custom recovery settings
- Touchscreen driven with real buttons and drag-to-scroll
- XML-based GUI that allows full customization of the layout – true theming!
- Settings are saved to the sdcard and persist through reboots
- Ability to choose which partitions to back up and which to restore
- Ability to choose to compress backups – now with pigz (multi-core processor support for faster compression times)
- And many more!...
- Testing Phase
- USB Storage is not working yet.
- Wiping of Data is not working.
- Invalid or corrupt zip files will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
- Zip files that install more data than free space is available will crash or hang recovery (AOSP issue)
SPECIAL SHOUT OUTS:
- kbzona - for his wonderful port for our P500
- TWRP2 Development Team - agrabren, Dees_Troy, ViViDboarder, AssassinsLament
- Toastcfh - for his underappreciated dedication to the community
- s0up, kevank - for their hard work on the web side of things.
- Amon_RA - for his great Recovery
- Koush - for his dedication to the community and ClockworkMod
- For all the help with devices and testing - Akmzero, arif-ali, Evil_DevNull, gus6464, Jesusice, Pyrostic, [R], Rootzwiki
- The rest of Team Win - shift, onicrom, netarchy, kevank, myndwire, bigbiff, dkelle4, shinzul, spiicytuna, and eyeballer