3rd March 2012, 03:33 AM   |  #991  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 64

147 posts
More
Question Inquiry...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

Flash through clockworkmod (or rom manager). The includes are back a few pages, from when I was working on it. The ones I can remember...

-superuser, rom manager, google maps and supporting files, utkanos/cennis91's 95 dpi boot image (won't work with google maps, I'll fix this tonight), adw launcher, remapped keys, packageinstaller, and a few other things that I can't remember... lol

Were you able to fix the r/o issue with build.prop ?

Does boot.img still overwrite build.prop on reboot ?
3rd March 2012, 03:39 AM   |  #992  
Flag Pittsfield, Il
Thanks Meter: 135

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tansoftware

Boot.img is still over writing build.prop. so we made the changes we wanted in the boot.img

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium
3rd March 2012, 03:41 AM   |  #993  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,299

3,123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tansoftware

CEnnis91 has one now that will not overwrite the system build prop, but the included one still does. Hopefully the next one they put out will be easier to use for us.
3rd March 2012, 03:54 AM   |  #994  
Thanks Meter: 372

1,460 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

I just need to change the dpi back from 95 to 120... as google maps doesn't work with 95.

Have you tried with 100 dpi? Google maps works for me and it allows for more screen real estate
3rd March 2012, 04:01 AM   |  #995  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,299

3,123 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedyink

Have you tried with 100 dpi? Google maps works for me and it allows for more screen real estate

Yep, TEG tested about 5-6 settings last night. More than half the buttons/features don't work with anything lower than 120, as that's actually the lowest stock setting of any device. There are about 4-5 settings for stock ones, between 120 for low-res and 320 for HD screens. It just wasn't built for anything lower lol. I couldn't get it to even load below 120.
3rd March 2012, 04:27 AM   |  #996  
Thanks Meter: 158

161 posts
Donate to Me
ClearD is right, I do in fact has a properly made boot.img now, in addition to a legitimate back to stock update.zip.

For those interested in the boot.img, the ramdisk includes another default.prop file to be placed in /system (/system/default.prop), which is read right after /system/build.prop in the init process, therefore overwriting the important props from build.prop and allowing the user to edit build.prop to his/her heart's content.

I'm not sure if you will be able to take the 4.55.97 update with this however, the md5sums are likely to be different thereby stopping the apply_patch routine. However, I should be able to manually update the files, but I'm still working on that.

Just be patient everyone, good things are on the way. =)

PS: while you guys wait, you can always do the reverse of what I did, create a default.prop for yourself in /system and add the settings there. One caveat: it won't work for props labeled ro.* because they are read only and can only be set once, so still no dpi changing.
Last edited by CEnnis91; 3rd March 2012 at 04:31 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CEnnis91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 04:32 AM   |  #997  
Thanks Meter: 158

161 posts
Donate to Me
@NORCALkID: Or until you enter 'start adbd' in a terminal on the device =)
Last edited by CEnnis91; 3rd March 2012 at 04:35 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CEnnis91 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2012, 11:06 AM   |  #998  
Flag Pittsfield, Il
Thanks Meter: 135

383 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEnnis91

@NORCALkID: Or until you enter 'start adbd' in a terminal on the device =)

Very true, but the couple times I've typed on the screen. Let's just say rebooting is much faster, and I cus at the device less.

Sent from my DeathStar disabled Android
3rd March 2012, 06:26 PM   |  #999  
Thanks Meter: 244

823 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdaman80

Very true, but the couple times I've typed on the screen. Let's just say rebooting is much faster, and I cus at the device less.

Sent from my DeathStar disabled Android

I have an app that was recommended by jay that's called gs script manager... I think he also provided a bunch of scripts for the app and the scripts include one that turns off adb and one that turns it back on

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
3rd March 2012, 07:31 PM   |  #1000  
Flag Detroit, MI
Thanks Meter: 15

40 posts
More
remap buttons
Hi all.

I purchased a motoactv yesterday. i rooted it no problem, but i keep getting a failure when trying to remap the buttons.

See:
http://screencast.com/t/lVUNdfHtOtK

i didnt see the manual method for remapping them. it looks to be a permission problem.

Also. now that its rooted, how can i connect it to my PC and manage music/wifi networks and such through the moto app? it seems to default to the ADB connection now.

i must say i like the device, ill really like it when i can map the buttons and switch between stock and zeam. i hope i can add pandora, wifi manager, gmaps, gvoice and weather.

also, i thought (wrongly i guess) that email alerts came over too, not just calls and text. im syncing to a razr...hopefully they will add that at some point.
Last edited by KCHASE731; 3rd March 2012 at 07:34 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread