OP BigNas76

19th March 2012, 07:20 AM   |  #1201  
Downers Grove
Thanks Meter: 6

52 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

If you do update, I'd like to ask a favor lol. Images to build from. I'm still working with 4.55.78, I feel like I'm in the stone age.

Consider it done.

Just to be clear though... I update using the official update first, then use the root tool with the "unsecured" boot image posted Or do I need to remain on 55.78, root, then update (no official update).

Any help i can give back to the community here, gladly done

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA
19th March 2012, 07:48 AM   |  #1202  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis
Thanks Meter: 1,249

3,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhackzor

Consider it done.

Just to be clear though... I update using the official update first, then use the root tool with the "unsecured" boot image posted Or do I need to remain on 55.78, root, then update (no official update).

Any help i can give back to the community here, gladly done

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using XDA

Lol do you have google talk on a phone or pc by chance? I can guide you through it.

Use the official update first, to get to the highest update possible (might have to run more than once), then manually flash the boot image posted there, using fastboot (with the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without the quotes; I can guide you through that), then root with the "Root" button on the root tool (ignore flashing the boot image), then do a full backup with the root tool, and send the images I mainly only need the boot.img and system.img.
The Following User Says Thank You to ClearD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 08:12 AM   |  #1203  
Downers Grove

52 posts
More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD

Lol do you have google talk on a phone or pc by chance? I can guide you through it.

Use the official update first, to get to the highest update possible (might have to run more than once), then manually flash the boot image posted there, using fastboot (with the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without the quotes; I can guide you through that), then root with the "Root" button on the root tool (ignore flashing the boot image), then do a full backup with the root tool, and send the images I mainly only need the boot.img and system.img.

PM sent now we're mov'n... why couldn't the big companies be as dedicated as the comunities, lol.
19th March 2012, 09:15 AM   |  #1204  
Thanks Meter: 201

459 posts
Donate to Me
More
Are these steps going to help with getting those of us stuck on the original root method up to current?
19th March 2012, 09:31 AM   |  #1205  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis

3,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
Droid,

We shall work on it tomorrow.

Elkay,

Yes, we will be creating custom roms cooked from the latest updates for everyone to flash.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons
19th March 2012, 09:32 PM   |  #1206  
Thanks Meter: 8

75 posts
ClearD, you're a hero. I'm looking forward to that new ROM. I hear these new updates are easier on the battery, which would be a huge plus.

Also. Battery has been a major issue for me, and looking at my battery usage, it looks like the top two culprits are wifi and bluetooth. Which I expected, I suppose. The thing is, though, I don't actually use the bluetooth on it 99% of the time, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in the bluetooth menu.

Also, Sargist, you mention getting Google Music working. Does it just play local music, or is there a way to stream your cloud music?
19th March 2012, 10:40 PM   |  #1207  
Thanks Meter: 369

1,455 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kensikora

ClearD, you're a hero. I'm looking forward to that new ROM. I hear these new updates are easier on the battery, which would be a huge plus.

Also. Battery has been a major issue for me, and looking at my battery usage, it looks like the top two culprits are wifi and bluetooth. Which I expected, I suppose. The thing is, though, I don't actually use the bluetooth on it 99% of the time, and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn it off in the bluetooth menu.

Also, Sargist, you mention getting Google Music working. Does it just play local music, or is there a way to stream your cloud music?

There is a way to turn off bluetooth in the standard settings application under wireless - bluetooth.
The Following User Says Thank You to speedyink For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th March 2012, 11:36 PM   |  #1208  
Recognized Developer
Flag Gallipolis

3,039 posts
Donate to Me
More
Or just do what I did and put the power control widget on your launcher to give you toggles for all of it. :P

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA-funded carrier pigeons
The Following User Says Thank You to ClearD For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 12:06 AM   |  #1209  
Downers Grove

52 posts
More
Question ClearD, before i flash/backup/upload
hey ClearD, i'm on Gtalk... anyway, before i flash and such, i noticed the numbers don't match up. the boot img states it's for 5.6.0 but the software version listed on the device reads "MA 1.6.0 N8" i'm guessing thats just the OS version, right, not the boot version?

PS. bootloader fastboot mode states version "03.13"

just felt i should make sure so i don't mess somethin up.
Last edited by droidhackzor; 20th March 2012 at 12:35 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to droidhackzor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th March 2012, 05:47 AM   |  #1210  
Downers Grove

52 posts
More
woot
yay! rooted 5.6.0 was a sinch with clearD's help and an S-Off boot img.

expect some 5.6.0 roms from ClearD in the near future.

---------- Post added at 11:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by kensikora

i don't know about sargist, but google music works just fine for me playing local music, album art and all, however, i haven't found a way to set it up yet for cloud, my guess the login screen is bypassed so...idk.

The Following User Says Thank You to droidhackzor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread