5,595,268 Members 46,908 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motoactv

Tip us?

peablo.lingon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
hello, I`m new. How can I root my motoactv with software version 1.6.0 N8. Please step by step tutorial ofcourse if isn`t a problem.

droidhackzor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Lightbulb for those wanting to update to 5.6.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClearD View Post
I swear, this gets answered twice every day.

NEW PEOPLE, PLEASE READ THE LAST 5 PAGES AT LEAST!

Or, read the wiki at http://motoactv.wikispaces.com/!

Straight from the wiki:

"Note 2: For the time being, if you root your MotoACTV you will not be able to further upgrade it to the latest or any coming stock firmware, you will get the unknown serial number error."

I'm not trying to sound mean, but we get tired of answering this question so many times.

There is *NO* way to return to stock fully, to be able to update. Using the "Return to Stock" button on the root tool works to return to stock, but you still won't be able to update. We are working on roms that have the latest updates patched in manually.

Edit: Just added a FAQ to the wiki.
Quote:
Originally Posted by embeem View Post
The 5.6.0 release is safe, you can still root it.

There's a modified boot.img over on http://dl.opticaldelusion.org/boot-5.6.0-root.img that gives root access via adb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prack View Post
Where can I get the insecure 5.6.0 boot.img? How can I flash it without rooting and putting on CWM Recovery?
Quote:
Originally Posted by peablo.lingon View Post
hello, I`m new. How can I root my motoactv with software version 1.6.0 N8. Please step by step tutorial ofcourse if isn`t a problem.
peablo and prack,

just update all the way like normal and then pick up the 5.6.0 boot image from the quoted post and then follow the guide at the wikispaces, easy peazy.

when using the 5.6.0 boot image with the guide though...
MAKE SURE YOU DON'T USE THE FLASH MODIFIED BOOT IMAGE BUTTON!
manually flash the boot image posted there, using fastboot (with the command "fastboot flash boot boot.img" without the quotes.

then the rest of the guide works great.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to droidhackzor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ClearD
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1134

DONATE TO ME
Just updated the rooting section of the wiki to accommodate all 3 versions now. Soon, I'll update the root tool itself to pull out the version number and do everything automatically.

http://motoactv.wikispaces.com

Hope that helps in enough detail.
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3
Phone ROM: ClearDroid-BD SGS3 1.1.1 B Stable
Watch: Motorola MotoACTV
Watch ROM: ClearDroid 1.1.9 T5
PLEASE OVERCLOCK RESPONSIBLY:
"You mean I might break my car by driving it 140 mph all the time?
It's on the speedometer, so it has to be ok, right?" -bdaman80

.: If I help you, click "Thanks" to let me know! :.
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ClearD For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

peablo.lingon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
everything is ok but when I start flashing... my cmd pause on waiting for device

droidhackzor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
disconnect your device, power it off, then hold the start and power buttons for 3 seconds,then release. it will place the device into fastboot, then reconnect your device and try again.

hope that helps, if you did this already, maybe ClearD knows something i don't, lol.
but it worked just fine for me.

peablo.lingon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
How long lives your`s motoactv battery ??

droidhackzor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thumbs up battery life

Quote:
How long lives your`s motoactv battery ??
generaly the standard with moderate usage is roughly 8 full hours. but i can usualy get 2-3 days of use out of my device if i have everything set for marathon mode in the settings and the brightness all the way down. running for an hour or two a day(everything ON, gps, bluetooth, and so on).

ClearD is working on getting an underclock/undervolt from the other's working to further lengthen the battery life.

peablo.lingon
Old
Thanks Meter 0
again and again ... still stand on waiting for device

ClearD
Old
(Last edited by ClearD; 20th March 2012 at 10:41 PM.)
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1134

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidhackzor View Post
generaly the standard with moderate usage is roughly 8 full hours. but i can usualy get 2-3 days of use out of my device if i have everything set for marathon mode in the settings and the brightness all the way down. running for an hour or two a day(everything ON, gps, bluetooth, and so on).

ClearD is working on getting an underclock/undervolt from the other's working to further lengthen the battery life.
Not me, BDAman80 is working on the kernel side of things. He's half of every Rom I work on, and a kernel god lol.

Quote:
again and again ... still stand on waiting for device
peablo, are you putting the device into fastboot? It shows a black screen with some white writing on the MotoACTV like it says to do in the wiki? Did you install motocast on your computer to get the device drivers as well?
Phone: AT&T Samsung Galaxy S3
Phone ROM: ClearDroid-BD SGS3 1.1.1 B Stable
Watch: Motorola MotoACTV
Watch ROM: ClearDroid 1.1.9 T5
PLEASE OVERCLOCK RESPONSIBLY:
"You mean I might break my car by driving it 140 mph all the time?
It's on the speedometer, so it has to be ok, right?" -bdaman80

.: If I help you, click "Thanks" to let me know! :.
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS

droidhackzor
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Not me, BDAman80 is working on the kernel side of things. He's half of every Rom I work on, and a kernel god lol.
well, i was just meaning that when BDAman80 has it working and such, you'll have it available for the roms.