8th January 2012, 08:05 AM   |  #121  
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 113

894 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlcohen70

Any instructions on the 16gb Model?

Unfortunately it would have to be repacked as well. If cmw doesn't have a device, he can't work with it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
8th January 2012, 09:25 AM   |  #122  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 18

145 posts
More
- Stop ADB (Enables MotoSync and Mass Storage)
Hello Everyone,

How do you re-enable ADB after you issue the stop command to regain MotoSync and Mass Storage?
8th January 2012, 01:04 PM   |  #123  
Thanks Meter: 4

54 posts
Thanks alot it works now
I have only one thing the date on the watch 2013
when I try to change it force close everytime any help pls
8th January 2012, 04:38 PM   |  #124  
Thanks Meter: 0

26 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnu4Lyfe

Future Plans:
- Support multiple backups
- Flash Boot.img
- Work with SuperOneClick for All-in-one easy to root program
- Market Installer
- Run custom commands
- Install any APK placed in the 'APKs' folder

First,
thanks for all that you have done so far. I was on the fence about getting this unit and made the leap because of the activity and potential of what can be done.

I purchased the device for the full use of what it has to offer and what I can do.
Given that, in your opinion

Will I loose any of the current functionality? (it is a little unclear reading through the posts)

How soon do you expect your next upgrade?

Should I wait before taking these initial steps?

Once again, thanks for the great work and I look forward to future enhancements.
8th January 2012, 04:58 PM   |  #125  
Thanks Meter: 244

822 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog

Hello Everyone,

How do you re-enable ADB after you issue the stop command to regain MotoSync and Mass Storage?

To re enable mass storage you connect your actv to the computer hen open command line and type adb shell and then type stop adbd

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
8th January 2012, 05:13 PM   |  #126  
Thanks Meter: 244

822 posts
More
Quote:

First,
thanks for all that you have done so far. I was on the fence about getting this unit and made the leap because of the activity and potential of what can be done.

I purchased the device for the full use of what it has to offer and what I can do.

Will I loose any of the current functionality? (it is a little unclear reading through the posts)

Once again, thanks for the great work and I look forward to future enhancements.

If you dont remove any apks from your device including the launcher all functionality will still be there. You can create shortcuts to them if you want to acess them on a different launcher bu you have to use something like anycut or similar.

As far as udates go i think some one with rom development skills will have to jump on board to help out with that or wait till cmw comes out with something.

About you waiting before taking initial steps ... Well this is very bleeding edge right now most of everything has been simplified by our buddy JAY and some one else who posted a pretty good tutoral a few post up.. Just play with caution.The people in the irc chanel are super helpful if you catch them when they are on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium
8th January 2012, 06:31 PM   |  #127  
Flag League City, TX
Thanks Meter: 107

131 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog

Hello Everyone,

You can either restart the watch, or install a program like "Android Terminal Emulator" and run "start adbd".

Quote:

First,

If you don't run the "Clean '/system/app" option under the Tools menu, it will leave all the other MotoACTV APKs on there. You can use Anycut to run them. If you remap the buttons, those will most likely not work in any of the original MotoACTV APKs. But most of the functionality is touch-based. There are 3rd party programs for the majority of the MotoACTV stuff, just have to search for it.

Unless people start flinging bugs at me left and right, which judging from the reports I've been hearing I don't expect to happen (I'm really picky about my code), It will most likely be a few weeks. The only file that really changes is the .bat file.

You need to have already flashed the boot.img and ran SuperOneClick before using anything in my batch file.

Hope this answers your questions.
Last edited by Jay4255; 8th January 2012 at 06:46 PM.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jay4255 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th January 2012, 07:56 PM   |  #128  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 18

145 posts
More
Thanks Jay4255
I have a two more questions:

1. I can get Market to open but then it says I must add a account. I say yes then nothing happens. I am sure its "operator error" missed installing something not sure what.

2. It appears that the command adb uninstall "filename" does not allow you to uninstall..anyone run into this?
8th January 2012, 08:55 PM   |  #129  
Mililani, Hawaii
Thanks Meter: 29

94 posts
More
Has anyone resigned the certs the remaining APK's with the AOSP? Force closures are making things difficult, Amazon Appstore wouldnt install dropbox due to a framework crash so I have to resort to installing via ADB. Bag of Kona coffee in it for ya

On a side note: Airdroid makes things so much easier to do on the F100. It's available in the market and allows wifi sync and virtual desktop.
8th January 2012, 10:02 PM   |  #130  
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
Here are some apps that I'm using and that work really well on the motoactv:

Zeam launcher
Firefox 9 browser
Pandora
Netflix
GMail
Adobe Reader
FM Radio (using Anycut to make shortcut)
NPR Mobile App (works really well!)
Calculator (from CM7)
Google Maps 6.0.3 (with 10 mile sq. map cache)
Google My Tracks (great replacement app for running/walking/biking, etc)
GPS Essentials (another great replacement app, similar to My Tracks)
Backcountry Navigator (seems to work, haven't played with it much yet)
Turbo GPS (Another good tracker)
ES File Explorer, in Root mode (great, also replaces MP3 player)
Flit keyboard
Jewels Star (very usable and fun)
Solitaire
Chess free
Desktop shortcuts to Wifi settings and Manage Applications

Almost all of these are moved to the SD, still have 40mb free of internal storage.

The Mp3 player in ES File Explorer and the GPS tracking in My Tracks and GPS Essentials have more than replaced the functionality of the original device (I do use it for running). I don't care about all the workout crap in the original device, I just like to track my runs for distance and some waypoints while listening to music, podcasts, or npr on the FM radio.

What apps are others using?

The Following User Says Thank You to atmandk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread