XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Motoactv

Tip us?

NORCALkID
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay4255 View Post
So I finally got the watch setup for what I originally purchased it for... WarDriving and Wifi Penetration!

Below are the apps I am using and why.

Now as I drive around throughout the day doing service calls, all the Wifi Access Points I come across are logged. I get back home, upload to Wigle account, export to KML for Google Maps and I have a list of every Access Point I passed for the day.

All work well and do what I expect from them. If anyone else has any more suggestions, please let me know.
I am interested in your wardriving abillities and would like to join your cult! I will start asking noob questions when i get home

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

goldfactorydc
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default i am stuck in a loop 16gb motoactv someone please help me

i didnt back up my system. and no one has posted a 16gb system on here an 8gb one wont work. i need help. tried everything. but i think i need a 16gb system file someone please help me

Itslame
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay4255 View Post
The MotoACTV apk is extremely limited if you don't own a motorola phone. I have an Evo 4G and also have the notifications, but phone calls and calendar events don't work. I believe this is only for Motorola phones.

The MotoACTV software is kinda worthless to me, doesn't work with Google Voice, Market Updates, etc.

plug yer headset in, LOL! it wont receive calls w/o the headset (or a paired bluetooth headset).

kjartanm
Old
(Last edited by kjartanm; 12th January 2012 at 08:48 PM.) Reason: New (better) version of the APK uploaded in later post.
Thanks Meter 4
Lightbulb Motoactv as a watch

Hi all,

Thank you so much for the great advances in hacking this little beauty. As I wear it as a watch all day, I needed a proper clock. I have tried quite a few widgets, but none of them fit 100% to the motoactv resolution.

So I did what a true nerd does. I made one.
I work as a webdesigner, so I am not the greatest app developer - but I know html/css. So I created one using the canvas element,and made a bundle using phonegap.

This is a very early alpha. All it does is showing an analogue clock. But I hope to add selectable backgrounds, date and other useful stuff.

One question I have though - my wifi seems to be crappy on large files. When I use spotify, i can only sync a file or two before it goes slow and spotify toggles between online/offline. I have the same behavior using box.net. When I used reverse teathering, i got to sync a couple of files this morning. Has anyone experienced the same? It would be handy to be able to sync larger files without a cable. (Ive used the bat scripts, have two launchers (tried both) - factory reset and the whole deal to no help.)

And another tip. To use audible, use dpi changer to log in - after that, the application works at normal dpi.

(I have NO idea if my signing of the APK is ok. It works on my watch, but please tell if Ive done something odd)

-- Edit --

Removed APK, as I had compiled it with all kinds of crazy permissions from standard phonegap. New APK uploaded in later post
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0601.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	88.7 KB
ID:	853987   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0602.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	853988  

NORCALkID
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjartanm View Post
Hi all,

Thank you so much for the great advances in hacking this little beauty. As I wear it as a watch all day, I needed a proper clock. I have tried quite a few widgets, but none of them fit 100% to the motoactv resolution

So I did what a true nerd does. I made one.
I work as a webdesigner, so I am not the greatest app developer - but I know html/css. So I created one using the canvas element,and made a bundle using phonegap.

This is a very early alpha. All it does is showing an analogue clock. But I hope to add selectable backgrounds, date and other useful stuff.

One question I have though - my wifi seems to be crappy on large files. When I use spotify, i can only sync a file or two before it goes slow and spotify toggles between online/offline. I have the same behavior using box.net. When I used reverse teathering, i got to sync a couple of files this morning. Has anyone experienced the same? It would be handy to be able to sync larger files without a cable. (Ive used the bat scripts, have two launchers (tried both) - factory reset and the whole deal to no help.)

And another tip. To use audible, use dpi changer to log in - after that, the application works at normal dpi.

(I have NO idea if my signing of the APK is ok. It works on my watch, but please tell if Ive done something odd)
I have had issues with my wifi at home and i think it might have to do with the type of security you router has but thats probably me talking out my ass lol. When i hook my Actv to my phones wifi tether i have no problems at all

Edit: btw great little app i cant wait to use it and cant wait to see more designs come up !

kjartanm
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Smile actvClock v.1.1

..and I made some tweaks.

- No toolbar
- Now with date
- .. and no more insane permissions. I had just ticked off standard phonegap, so the application wanted all sorts of insane permissions

I hope this works better.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0604.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	92.7 KB
ID:	854055  
Attached Files
File Type: apk actvClock.apk - [Click for QR Code] (172.8 KB, 46 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kjartanm For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jay4255
Old
Thanks Meter 107

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Itslame View Post
plug yer headset in, LOL! it wont receive calls w/o the headset (or a paired bluetooth headset).
I had a Motorola Wireless Bluetooth Headset connected. Tried calling from my home phone to my Google Voice number, and my cell phone number, neither of which worked.

MinionOfEckerd
Old
Thanks Meter 9
@Jay4255

I used your batch file "clean" my /system/app and didn't realize that it removes the Motorola Launcher. Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks!

NORCALkID
Old
Thanks Meter 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by MinionOfEckerd View Post
@Jay4255

I used your batch file "clean" my /system/app and didn't realize that it removes the Motorola Launcher. Is there anyway to get it back? Thanks!
What i did was Go into fastboot mode and flash my system .img and it put all system apps back including the launcher ...if you check a few posts back jay already answered this

nosit1
Old
Thanks Meter 108
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjartanm View Post
..and I made some tweaks.

- No toolbar
- Now with date
- .. and no more insane permissions. I had just ticked off standard phonegap, so the application wanted all sorts of insane permissions

I hope this works better.
Any possibility of a digital version? That would be a great help.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
Current Device: Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note II (Rooted!) + Amazong Kindle Fire (CM10)
Devices currently crying in a corner: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - Motorola Droid Bionic - HP Touchpad - Nook Color