Update: It looks like not all the images in the griffin.ifw are needed for running CWM.
So I have cut the fat and redone the signature.
Now the CWM package griffin.ifw is only 5.3M as oppose to the original 94M.
So much easier and lighter now!
I am happy to present a working version of CWM Recovery for our beloved LePan TC970.
You don't have to flash the CWM Recovery. It runs from external SD card directly.
I built it from the source so it's pretty much the latest version. 220.127.116.11
So far what is working:
- Keys, Volume -/+ to navigate the menu, Power key to select. The power key doesn't work right after boot. You would have to first scroll down the cursor to the bottom and you will see a message saying "Back menu button enabled". Then it works.
- Display is still up side down, well, what the hell!
- External SD card works and will be default place to be used for update/backup/restore.
- mounting /data, /system works. Mounting USB Storage works.
- Backup works.Assuming restore should work, too.
- Install from zip should work, though I have not tried it. I can browse the SD card contents.
- Power off/Reboot works.
- /emmc mounting failed. That partition is not even there. So don't care.
- Display is up side down.
When kernel boot in recovery mode, it exposes all the mtd partitions including all the bootloaders, etc.
dev: size erasesize name
mtd0: 00080000 00020000 "iload"
mtd1: 00180000 00020000 "iboot"
mtd2: 00120000 00020000 "boardenv"
mtd3: 00280000 00020000 "innocomm"
mtd4: 00380000 00020000 "splash"
mtd5: 00180000 00020000 "chargesplash"
mtd6: 00180000 00020000 "badifw_logo"
mtd7: 003c0000 00020000 "recovery"
mtd8: 00200000 00020000 "rootfs"
mtd9: 003c0000 00020000 "kernel"
mtd10: 00080000 00020000 "misc"
mtd11: 000c0000 00020000 "kpanic"
mtd12: 10000000 00020000 "system"
mtd13: 003c0000 00020000 "cache"
mtd14: 0e560000 00020000 "userdata"
WARNING HERE: Please be super careful using the CWM "Mounts and Storage" menu - format options.
If you format the wrong partition like iload, iboot, your lepan could be totally dead.
Download the update package from here
MD5SUM of the griffin.ifw (5,540,092 bytes):
1. Please make sure you have enough battery left.
2. Copy the griffin.ifw to the external SD card and put it into Lepan.
3. Press and Hold both Volume - and Power key, Keep on holding it for at least 5 seconds after you see the LePan logo.
4. Release both buttons and wait. CWM should start automatically.
Have fun and good luck.