Ask a question

No registration required

Wifi issue serial number?

OP djsaad1

19th December 2011, 07:10 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 39

464 posts
Supposedly according to some articles there were a batch of tablets that went out with wifi issues, since then it was fixed.

I need a tablet fast and was thinking about buying a prime off ebay, is there anyway of knowing if the tablets on ebay are part of that first batch or not? Would they have different product numbers or serial numbers?
19th December 2011, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
MO
Thanks Meter: 45

137 posts
As far as I know, those sold in Taiwan were recalled over the issues. You can check the serial number here.
19th December 2011, 07:38 PM   |  #3  
Flag Spokane, Washington
Thanks Meter: 4,400

8,972 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by djsaad1

Supposedly according to some articles there were a batch of tablets that went out with wifi issues, since then it was fixed.

I need a tablet fast and was thinking about buying a prime off ebay, is there anyway of knowing if the tablets on ebay are part of that first batch or not? Would they have different product numbers or serial numbers?

Someone here bought one of the Prime's given away at the Verge conference in NYC. It had the same Wi-Fi issue as the Taiwanese units that were recalled. The units being pushed out to resellers are fine (according to Asus). So you should definately get the history of any Prime you buy off CL or eBay.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread