Mobile 3g hotspot hack
So this is something i have tested working myself. I DO NOT recommend this for everyone simply because you can severely mess up your phone and it's wireless connections.
In a nut shell what this allows you to do is utilize your phones built in 3g mobile hot spot and tethering application without paying the extra $20 a month. The legality of this is questionable so use it at your own risk.
What you need:
Samsung drivers(you can find these)
QPST software download it here
1. Install the samsung driver for our phone, as well as the QPST software
2. Place your phone in modem mode(settings, wireless, enable dial up)
3. Plug in your phone and allow all drivers and everything to install.
4. Load up QPST configuration
5. Navigate to the tab that says ports and select "Add New Port"(if all is well you should have one that says something about usb, or anything about your phone)
6. Once the device is added go to the top menu bar, select "Start Clients" and then "Service Programming"
7. Next select "OK" to the device in the box.
Now for the tricky things where you MUST be careful!
8. at the bottom of this box select "Read from Phone"
9. If the password in the box is not "000000"(six zeros) type it in and click OK.
10. You now want to tab over on the top until you see the tab that says "M. IP" select this.
11. Select Profile 0(it will be the very first one on the top) and select "Edit..."
12. You now should Have two input boxes the first one labled "NAI" and the second "Tethered NAI"
13. Under "Tethered NAI" it should say something similar to "XXXXXXXXXX@dun.vzw3g.com" (the X's refer to your personal number)
14. You need to edit this so that it no longer has "dun" in it,
15. You should now have NAI and Tethered NAI as the same thing. Now click OK and finally "Write to phone"(located in the bottom left). Your phone will reboot its self.
16. Upon first boot you need to go back into settings, wireless, and disable dial up networking. (first time i did this i got a force close with gapps, but did not cause any issues)
If you followed this exactly, you should now have 3g mobile hotspot
I must warn you however, if you reprogram your phone via *228 this will go away! so it will have to be performed again.
Current phones: Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM10.1
HTC Droid DNA Stock 2.04
Old Phones: Moto Droid X - CM10
Samsung Continuum - EC09 Debloated, Debinged & Deodexed
Samsung Continuum roms:
EC09 Debloated & Debinged