Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,580 Members 40,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Viewpad 7e Official Update

Tip us?

andyav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
I pm the link to you for the update.

Reapjack - Not sure how you will install update. I would try to copy file to root of sd card and boot into recovery to see if it will install that way. If not rename it to update.zip to see if the recovery will work that way. Let us know know how it turns out and which way worked. Thanks.

pad2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I'm trying to download F70 VSAM_S_W_C_11282011.zip, but I have the same problem, the very slow download...

will you send me the firmware too?.
Thanks !

discopad@gmail.com

Reapjack
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Update file ran but tablet keeps on rebooting..

Hi Andyav.. Thank you for the update file. The file ran as expected by putting it in the sdcard's root. The update went fine but my tablet still keeps on rebooting.

It seems that this update is overwriting only some files but not all. Maybe that part of the OS that was rooted earlier is not being overwritten. Would you know if there is a full update that will overwrite everyting?

Thank you again.... I appreciate the help so much!

pad2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Thanks Andyav !!!
I really appreciate your soon PM with the link.
I have problems with the spanish languaje, hope that this update fixt it.
I'll post the results.

Thanks again !

PAD

andyav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Reapjack - How did you apply the update. Through the recovery or through a normal boot? I know inside that update there is an updater-script for doing a full update, includes mbr, kernel, system...etc. I am not sure how to trigger it though. Maybe thatís what the boot flag is for in the recovery.

I did finally take the risk and adjust my density in the build.prop file. Tried a few different settings. Default is 180. I am currently running at 160 but did try 200 and 220. Looks good but the display is still not as clear as my phone (HTC Incredible running MIUI). I know the screens are not really comparable, but Viewsonic has been designing and building monitors for years and this is the best screen they could put in this tablet.

Also did some digging around on the internet about the host cable. Found a few here and there but I can be rather impatient at times, so I decided to make my own. Chopped off the end of an old Motorola house charger, shaved off al the plastic around the end, de-soldered the wires and one resistor from the small board. Then dismantled a usb cable I had made for my original Xbox, soldered the cable to the mini usb end, shorted pin 4 to pin 5, plugged her in with a keyboard attached and it worked, first try. I did notice that the host mode is not real reliable. After the initial test I could not get it recognize keyboard again. Checked all solder points, tested from usb female end to mini usb, all tested good. Several reboots with cable plugged in, nothing changed. I knows to go into host mode, I can see it switching when i run dmesg. But it just doesn't know what it attached to cable.

hellodzulz
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
Andyav, i tot the lastest update is 20111125? I dont have the 28.... version for ota update.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
Phone : HTC ONE S VILLEC 2 (Rooted)

ROM : Stock Leak Jellybean For S3 pro,stock kernel

Youtube Channel :
http://www.youtube.com/user/AndroidHackr?feature=mhee

Twitter - @IgsFiasco
Gmail : Hellodzulz@gmail.com

If I help do click THANKS (:

AND HELP ME SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

hellodzulz
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
hey andyav , try this website : www.viewsonic.com.au/kbase/article.php?id=492

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App
Phone : HTC ONE S VILLEC 2 (Rooted)

ROM : Stock Leak Jellybean For S3 pro,stock kernel

Youtube Channel :
http://www.youtube.com/user/AndroidHackr?feature=mhee

Twitter - @IgsFiasco
Gmail : Hellodzulz@gmail.com

If I help do click THANKS (:

AND HELP ME SUBSCRIBE TO MY CHANNEL

pad2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1
After 12 hours of downloading, tried to upgrade from the internal application but after reboot, the process was canceled because it didn't find the .zip file on the sdcard. (error mounting sdcard)
Surely the problem was that the sdcard was not properly formatted.

Now,
the Recovery system shows 1.9 version and bootflag is only "1", regardless of the volume button I use to start (+ or -)

I formated the sdcard and tried to do a manual upgrade with the file downloaded directly from viewsonic: F70 VSAM_S_W_C_11282011.zip, but no luck, the recovery reported bad file.

Any help?

hellodzulz, will you tell me where did you dwonload the 20111125 update to try it

Thanks !

PAD

andyav
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Over the last few days I have been trying to get the ready for custom roms when they become available. Digging around on the internet trying to find as much information as I could about the hardware. While digging around for devices that have custom roms and use the same processor line, I found some rather interesting information about the Galaxy S Unbrickable Mod. Basically it is a hardware mod that causes the phone to enter a Samsung download mode for flashing. Well I took the plunge and opened the case, found and verified the processor, broke out my multi-meter and went probing. Was able to locate the hardware that controls the boot sequence, preformed the mod and plugged it in to my linux box. Ran the Unbrickable Mod Mode Detector and it recognized it. HOLLY CRAP. I have to do a bit more research on utilizing this mod to our benefit but I an rather excited that this mod will work for us.

pad2011
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I've downloaded the file again and everything went ok.
May be the first download file was corrupted due to the slow transfer.

The errors that occurred when selecting Spanish language were resolved.

Anyway, there is an issue with bluetooth.
I can send files to other devices, but I cant receive with the VP7e, when I try to send some file, the VP7e don't show the popup window asking permission to receive file.
Is like it's denied by default.

Does somebody successfully tried to send/receive files with bluetooth ?

Thanks !

PAD