Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,937 Members 43,343 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Power Button Question: for those who have received Tablet

Tip us?

mazjohn
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Question [Q] Power Button Question: for those who have received Tablet

For those who have received an Asus Transformer Prime, How is the build quality of the power button? Is the switch of high quality? Does the power button feel more solid than the one of the original transformer?

The reason I ask, is that before pre-ordering the prime, I purchased an Acer Iconia a500 tab, and the power button felt real cheap, it kept getting stuck- Then I noticed at best-buy that the A500 tablet on display had a broken power button, and could not be switched on. I wound up returning it for this reason, but also because I knew I wanted the prime instead.

I also found a thread post in the original transformer forum, that the power button was going bad on that tablet after a few months for its users. Would love to get anyone's feedback who already has received the prime for comparison...

Thanks for any input !

denverbuckeye
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjohn View Post
For those who have received an Asus Transformer Prime, How is the build quality of the power button? Is the switch of high quality? Does the power button feel more solid than the one of the original transformer?

The reason I ask, is that before pre-ordering the prime, I purchased an Acer Iconia a500 tab, and the power button felt real cheap, it kept getting stuck- Then I noticed at best-buy that the A500 tablet on display had a broken power button, and could not be switched on. I wound up returning it for this reason, but also because I knew I wanted the prime instead.

I also found a thread post in the original transformer forum, that the power button was going bad on that tablet after a few months for its users. Would love to get anyone's feedback who already has received the prime for comparison...

Thanks for any input !
I don't have the Tranformer 1 but I don't notice any issues with the quality of the power button. There's no click feedback and it's seems to have almost indescernible travel distance so I wouldn't think it is vulnerable to breaking. You can to give it a pretty firm press but i did notice if you use teh tablet upside down on the table (because I had the USB cable attached) the weight of the unit will turn it off because the switch is not recessed.

I hope that helps.

postmeister
Old
Thanks Meter 0
The quality of it is great, doesn't wiggle at all. It's just kinda hard to hit it when not looking.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

ChristoA1
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by postmeister View Post
The quality of it is great, doesn't wiggle at all. It's just kinda hard to hit it when not looking.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
+1. It does almost seem a little "hidden"...
Feel free to use the Thanks button. Your mom did!

---

Past Devices:
Nokia 6190
Cingular 8125 (HTC Wizard)
iPhone
iPhone 3G
BlackBerry Bold 9700
Samsung Vibrant
iPad
T-Mobile G2 (HTC Vision)
MyTouch 4G (HTC Glacier)
ASUS Eee Pad Transformer & Dock