Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Power Button Question: for those who have received Tablet

OP mazjohn

19th December 2011, 10:32 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15

121 posts
For those who have received an Asus Transformer Prime, How is the build quality of the power button? Is the switch of high quality? Does the power button feel more solid than the one of the original transformer?

The reason I ask, is that before pre-ordering the prime, I purchased an Acer Iconia a500 tab, and the power button felt real cheap, it kept getting stuck- Then I noticed at best-buy that the A500 tablet on display had a broken power button, and could not be switched on. I wound up returning it for this reason, but also because I knew I wanted the prime instead.

I also found a thread post in the original transformer forum, that the power button was going bad on that tablet after a few months for its users. Would love to get anyone's feedback who already has received the prime for comparison...

Thanks for any input !
20th December 2011, 03:48 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 15

49 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazjohn

For those who have received an Asus Transformer Prime, How is the build quality of the power button? Is the switch of high quality? Does the power button feel more solid than the one of the original transformer?

The reason I ask, is that before pre-ordering the prime, I purchased an Acer Iconia a500 tab, and the power button felt real cheap, it kept getting stuck- Then I noticed at best-buy that the A500 tablet on display had a broken power button, and could not be switched on. I wound up returning it for this reason, but also because I knew I wanted the prime instead.

I also found a thread post in the original transformer forum, that the power button was going bad on that tablet after a few months for its users. Would love to get anyone's feedback who already has received the prime for comparison...

Thanks for any input !

I don't have the Tranformer 1 but I don't notice any issues with the quality of the power button. There's no click feedback and it's seems to have almost indescernible travel distance so I wouldn't think it is vulnerable to breaking. You can to give it a pretty firm press but i did notice if you use teh tablet upside down on the table (because I had the USB cable attached) the weight of the unit will turn it off because the switch is not recessed.

I hope that helps.
20th December 2011, 04:40 AM   |  #3  
Flag Loxley, Al
Thanks Meter: 0

18 posts
More
The quality of it is great, doesn't wiggle at all. It's just kinda hard to hit it when not looking.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium
20th December 2011, 05:20 AM   |  #4  
Flag Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 56

569 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by postmeister

The quality of it is great, doesn't wiggle at all. It's just kinda hard to hit it when not looking.

Sent from my HTC HD2 using xda premium

+1. It does almost seem a little "hidden"...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread