Making a magic SDCard which will take you back to stock 1.4.0 is easy!
This method will allow you to restore 1.4.0 firmware onto your Nook Tablet. Personally, I think holding the buttons and halting the device boot 8 times in a row is a bit time consuming. So, here is how you make a "Magic SDCard".
Just follow these 4 easy steps to restore your device to 1.4.0.
- Download this file: http://devftp.xda-developers.com/fil...aim_update.zip (Do not change the file name. Make sure it is named "acclaim_update.zip" without quotes).
- Copy the file on a Micro SDCard.
- Insert the Micro SDCard into your Nook Tablet
- Turn on your Nook and observe a factory restoration.
This will initiate Recovery Mode and flash the entire zip. acclaim_update.zip will restore your device to stock firmware and wipe all user data. I will be working on other methods and I believe it is possible to force the device to boot it's entire firmware from Micro SDCard.
"N" Button is inoperative
- Press and hold the Power and "N" Button until the device reboots.
- Continue to hold the Power and "N" button until the device reboots 8 times. This will wipe data and restore the "N" button functionality
SDCard method does not work
- Ensure you have a Nook Tablet, not a Nook Color (funny as it sounds, this is a big problem)
- redownload the acclaim_update.zip
- Use the Nook settings menu to format the sdcard
- Use a different SDCard
This video will walk you through switching firmware versions, rooting, backing up, and several other techniques