Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,781,506 Members 39,976 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Stock Firmware]Restore Barnes & Nobel Nook Tablet 16G 1.4.0 from SDCard

Tip us?

Solar.Plexus
Old
Thanks Meter 321
I'm not sure either. I've never had to revert back to 1.4.0, but I do know the process and am just going through the regular troubleshooting steps.

Try a new SD card maybe. Make sure the zip file is the only thing on the card.

bocaccio
Old
(Last edited by bocaccio; 12th March 2012 at 02:39 AM.)
Thanks Meter 5
I'll try a different card. I just want to be back on stock then root that and stay on that not goto cm7.

Is it possible to use this: nooktablet_1_4_2_update.zip from cwm?
download dj mixes and check out my dance music radio

albertwertz
Old
Thanks Meter 299

DONATE TO ME
this wont work while you have cm7 and CWM recovery installed on the internal HD. You have to flash the stock recovery first from the recovery flasher app, then maybe try running nook unrooter app, or ifyou want a stock rooted rom, just flash my recovery rom from CWM
Check out my Youtube Channel. I demo how to Root/ Unroot and demo several games and essential apps for many devices!
Donate to support my productions..
List of Devices: Samsung Galaxy SIII, Nexus 7, Nook Tablet, Asus Transformer, Notion Ink Adam. If you have a demo request, let me know.

Check out my Channel by clicking here.

bocaccio
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by albertwertz View Post
this wont work while you have cm7 and CWM recovery installed on the internal HD. You have to flash the stock recovery first from the recovery flasher app, then maybe try running nook unrooter app, or ifyou want a stock rooted rom, just flash my recovery rom from CWM
I've tried flashing your recovery rom from cwm. Thats actually what i wanna do is have your stock rom.

CWMrestore_1_4_0_ plus NTV16gbV4_6

I am assuming I'm doing it wrong though. I put it on sd card then install zip from card and install aborts.
download dj mixes and check out my dance music radio

dimebagdan65
Old
(Last edited by dimebagdan65; 12th March 2012 at 05:15 PM.)
Thanks Meter 615

DONATE TO ME
Lol not exactly what you had intended, but this saved my bacon with my CM7/CWM debacle... Tried to update to final alpha, bootloop, couldn't remember how to manually boot to recovery, pull hair out, find your thread, decide to try to go back to stock. Made the SD card, popped it in and booted up. Lo and behold I'm back at CWM recovery! Wiped, re-installed CM7 final alpha, reboot, profit! If I wasn't such a broke @ss, I'd buy you a 12 pack, Adam!

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Razor 32gb WiFi Stock KitKat w/Xposed and Franco Kernel
Hammerhead 32gb same
Gmail/Hangout dime@dimedroidhq.com
Google+Page and Profile
YouTube channel

-You can lead a fool to knowledge but you can't make 'em think
-Be a sponge, not a stain...

kem52
Old
Thanks Meter 11
We were surprised by a stealthy OTA to 1.4.2 and have now lost all access to sideloaded apps

I have not found a post in the thread that specifically states that this process takes me safely back from 1.4.2 to 1.4.0, so I just wanted to check that this is what I can safely accomplish with this routine. Thank you to the dev for working on this

xoxomissashlee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ok, I have tried this with 2 different SD cards.
It flashes what I am assuming to be the reset screen (it says "Please do not turn off the power") and then immediately goes to "Please restart your device and try again. If this continues..blah blah blah..."
I'm not sure why this isn't working...

Techienana
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Are you on 1.4.2? Was your Nook repartitioned by BN? I got another new NT and had it repartitioned at B&N and updated to 1.4.2, just cuz. I am running CM7 off an sd card and can easily switch back and forth using the power button. But I was thinking of 'downdating' to 1.4.0 and when I tried it, I got the same thing you did.

I'm wondering if this works only for tablets on 1.4.1 or if there is something different about 1.4.2 that interferes with the 'downdating'.

xoxomissashlee
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techienana View Post
Are you on 1.4.2? Was your Nook repartitioned by BN? I got another new NT and had it repartitioned at B&N and updated to 1.4.2, just cuz. I am running CM7 off an sd card and can easily switch back and forth using the power button. But I was thinking of 'downdating' to 1.4.0 and when I tried it, I got the same thing you did.

I'm wondering if this works only for tablets on 1.4.1 or if there is something different about 1.4.2 that interferes with the 'downdating'.
No and no.

greenwood625
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I rooted my nook tablet with NTV16gbV4_6 before but trying to get to original software. Itried this file got this error i was wondering if someone can tell what i am doing wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AU.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	254.1 KB
ID:	954347