Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
Thank everyone that has worked on this I can't say anything but thank you guys I've never had such a easier time using a recovery an using my screen instead of the buttons omg perfect lol an everything is big an has everything you'd want in a recovery great work everyone
Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
- A lot faster than any previous release
- Hide useless directories from the "install from sdcard" menu
- New configuration setting to save space on your sd card by excluding /cache from any backup you create(recovery will then format /cache on restore)
- New configuration setting to save even more space by also excluding dalvik-cache from any backups you create
- When you restore a backup and the md5sum check fails, recovery will print a warning and offer an option to restore the backup anyway.
- Enables themes to be installed to your sdcard instead of to /system
- Enables you to set your time zone for recovery to a fixed value, which is now the recommended setting.Otherwise recovery needs to autodetect your time zone on boot, which takes time and requires an additional mount.
When you flash or download the latest recovery via the App it will ask you if you want it to configure that setting for you automatically (set the time zone to the same one as your rom is using at the moment)
- Enables custom tune2fs parameters to be configures for sd-ext.Recovery will then use your parameters whenever it restores a backup or formats a partition
- Desire-S HBOOT 2.x specific configuration settings
- Any new release of recovery will now get a "testing" status and a build number for the first few days after release.While the recovery is flagged as "testing" and bugs are found during that period, or some enhancements are made, the build number will increase and you would get an update notification (if you enabled notifications)
- The app will now fix up your configs in greater detail when you flash a new recovery version.
- It will also make sure it's correctly set up and that any theme for 4EXT Recovery Classic is uninstalled when you flash a Touch version.
- If no time zone is set and you flash a recovery version that supports that setting, it will ask you if you want to set it up automatically.
- You can now enable notifications to stay informed about news or updates to your currently installed recovery version.This is very useful in case critical bugs have been found for your version or there's an update.
This does not create any permanent background processes wasting resources. A check takes 2-10 seconds after which the process kills itself.
- Install themes directly from inside the app.
- The app will make sure that the theme is compatible with your device and refuse the installation if it is not.
- Configure a setting to put themes onto your sdcard instead of /system
- Manage all new settings:
- exclude cache
- exclude dalvik
- set time zone
- adjust haptic feedback strength
- Enable hide useless directories
- Set your custom sd-ext tune2fs parameters
- Desire-S specific HBOOT 2.x settings
- Displays backup type (yaffs or tar) and whether the backup includes ext3 or ext4 partitions or both for each backup
- Allows you to convert backups between ext3 and ext4
- The app will now also work on roms using cache2sd/m2sd et.c.
- Pressing the back key twice on the main menu will effectively close and remove the app from memory.
- Added great icons, created by craacK Thanks a lot mate
- Hide useless directories from file browsers inside the app
- After you queued all actions to be carried out by recovery, you will get an overview over everything you selected.
- Safe reboot by unmounting external storage before.
- You can now quite easily use both (free and paid) apps as a backend to recovery.
- An example demonstrating usage for apps and shell scripts is available for download
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|